On my mind too much? new relationship help plz

theweze

I met this girl about 3 weeks ago and so far things are going great. I find myself thinking about her alot and worrying about her changing her mind about me. She says she really likes me alot and has been giving alot of clues about wanting this to be a long term thing, but I can't seem to stop myself from over analyzing everything and stressing out. I am usually fine after I talk to her for about 5 hours, then I start to stress out again. I am afraid to call her too much or hassle her, I don't want to push her away.

What can I do to stop this negative mental imagery? I know it's not healthy.

thanks

wzl

I think a lot of people at the beginning of relationships with people they like become anxious that they can endear themselves to the new people enough at the beginning that the new people will stick around. There's a fear that, until the relationship is on firmer ground, it might vanish.

You have to try to get a handle on your anxiety. Hang on to each positive event and use it to convince yourself that this relationship is off to a good start. Combat the negative ideas with the positive facts. It's hard to do, I know. Nobody wants to lose a good thing.