Moving for job??? HELP!

Hi everyone-

Well, my guy just got notice that he may be transferred out of state for his job. We're in CA now, and he'll most likely be moving to CO. Although he didn't want to say it was definate, I'm pretty sure that's what is going to happen...

He's supposed to call me tonite to talk about it...

Well, what should I do? I CAN move and still keep my same job...Should I even mention that? Or chould I just keep quiet?

Should I be prepared for him to break it off with me because he's moving?

I really care a lot about this man, and am willing to move to be with him...

Thanks.

This is a great opportunity for you to see where his heart is. Assuming you have told him you are willing to move and there would be no problems with your job, the ball is in his court. Let him extend the invitation.

If this guy doesn't address the situation soon, he is a real dud anyway and you don't need him in your life.

If he doesn't invite you to come along, that will be you cue to move on.

Hi again Elise: Guess what, this just came up in my relationship as well. My guy is in the music industry, and he may be going to L.A. and/or on tour because of his work.

Though I am retired and can basically go anywhere/anytime, I have a very ill mother, brother in a bad situation; home and property; as well as horses, dogs, cats, aquarium full of fish (no children -- these ARE my kids), and I KNOW if I had to make a similar decision, I would make whatever arrangements necessary to be sure I stayed with my man. It took nearly losing him before I realized how important he is to me. I would not let him go without me, and I would not break it off because he had to leave.

I think every situation has a solution, though moving is a big deal full of problems in itself, it can be very stressful even when everything else is going well. Think about what YOU want, and let him know how you feel as well as the sacrifices you are willing to make. What is more important to you -- location, vocation, or being with the one you love? Please let me know what you decide and how you work it out... Ajay

Hi everyone- Well, my guy just got notice that he may be transferred out of state for his job. We're in CA now, and he'll most likely be moving to CO. Although he didn't want to say it was definate, I'm pretty sure that's what is going to happen...

He's supposed to call me tonite to talk about it... Well, what should I do? I CAN move and still keep my same job...Should I even mention that? Or chould I just keep quiet? Should I be prepared for him to break it off with me because he's moving? I really care a lot about this man, and am willing to move to be with him... Thanks.

As usual, Tony gets in the stuff I forget to mention. I agree that this situation is sure to show you where he stands regarding you and this relationship (especially if he doesn't want you to join him). I hope you get what you're hoping for. Good luck, Ajay

This is a great opportunity for you to see where his heart is. Assuming you have told him you are willing to move and there would be no problems with your job, the ball is in his court. Let him extend the invitation. If this guy doesn't address the situation soon, he is a real dud anyway and you don't need him in your life. If he doesn't invite you to come along, that will be you cue to move on.