Seriously Stuck

There are two very special men in my life.

Now let me explain...

My very first day of highschool I saw M1 (alias) in the hallways, and instantly felt attracted to him. But I never thought much of it. Until I started noticing we were in multiple activities together and we eventually became friends. But not close friends.

Now at the same time, M2 (alias) and I were getting rather close since a good friend of ours has passed away. I wasn't aware that he liked me, and I always thought of him as a friend. Well eventually we end up going out for three years. So he was my highschool sweetheart and my first everything, and a part of me still loves him. But we ended it due to the fact for various reasons, including that I felt guilty for dating him while having feelings for someone else.

Here's the thing, M1 and M2 are stepbrothers. I DID NOT KNOW UNTIL AFTER I WAS DATING M2. They don't live together nor do they speak often.

So M1 and I became very close friends during my relationship with M2, and even though I didn't like to admit it, I liked him. But I knew not to cross the line.

Now I'm in college and M1 and I have been flirting years now and I want to make a move. He's the man I've always loved for years.

But they're step brothers, and I know if I meet his family (which I already have but with M2) our relationship will not be accepted. I don't want to screw up the family.

What should I do?!

Go for it, and to hell with what the family might think. If they are step brothers who don't speak much, then why should they care who the other one is dating?

Are you 100% sure the family would disapprove or is that in your head?