For all potential posters here I think!

I was having a phone conversation with one of my female friends today, and we got onto the subject of me and her. We discussed things about each other we liked, and realised that we are pretty much perfectly suited to each other. Added to that she says I am one of the few men she trusts. There's only one problem: there is pretty much no sexual attraction between us.

Don't get me wrong...she is a beautiful women...but there just isn't anything like that between us. Whether that will change in the future I don't know, but right now...nothing. She even said she would give all the money she had to be in love with me. But she isn't. And nor am I in love with her. She has a bf who she loves but doesn't trust atm, but it's not my place to comment on that.

Moral of the story? You cannot MAKE someone love you. No ifs, no buts. Sexual attraction underlies all relationships, and with my friend and I it's not there. If it was, we'd almost certainly be going out. People can GROW to love you over time, but that is not through your doing. If (s)he only thinks of you as a friend, it's because you are not sexually attractive to her/him, and there is NOTHING you can do to change that. You may become attractive to her, but there ain't a lot you can do to get her to change her mind any faster. It's not your fault. S**t happens.

You could say this is just a depressed rant from someone who was FZd. I admit it, initially I was attracted to her but was FZd, but when I got to know her better I discovered I agreed with her, and we are actually just better off the way we are.

Sorry, this whole thing sounds brutal, but it may help people move on a little easier.

• 1 month later...
You cannot MAKE someone love you. No ifs, no buts. Sexual attraction underlies all relationships, and with my friend and I it's not there. If it was, we'd almost certainly be going out. People can GROW to love you over time, but that is not through your doing

Ditto. I'm glad you can see this now:)