Love divided, Help requested...

JosephR

Why does this have to happen to me? The one girl who actually makes me happy in life is the one person that I can't be with. She's younger than I am, and when her parents found out that we had feelings for each other, they tried to cut off almost every line of contact between the two of us. The only time I can see her now is at my weekly youth group meetings at my church on Friday nights. We both love each other, and she isn't dealing with the pain very well - the pain of the two of us not being able to be together, that is. I try to convince her that i'll be there for her, and that this could just be a test of our love for each other... but we've both been through so much in our lives that it is hard for her to trust anyone. She is the one person that showed me that I could love when all I knew was anger and frustration. I just want to help her in the same way she helped me, to get her to realize that to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world... She really is the world to me. I thought for the longest time that my dream was to be a great architect, but recently I realized that that is an ambition fueled by my one dream, the dream of being with her. This girl is emotionally abused by her parents, and I can't stand to see her go through so much pain thinking that she is all alone. The way she talks sometimes makes me think that she believes life is too hopeless to drag herself through it. I'm afraid she might hurt herself, or worse... Please, if anyone out there can give me some words of wisdom, please do so, so that I can help her and help myself. I just don't know what I would do without her...

Why does this have to happen to me?[/n]

maybe because by some cosmic twist of fate, you're the one who is meant to be her friend who'll stand by and help her through this bad period in her life.

It might not be the way you'd like it to be (being able to be with each other more often), but that doesn't mean it has to be any less effective. Suggestions? Write her, tell her that though this is hard for the both of you to not be together, she's in your thoughts and that you're pulling for her. Sometimes those few words can make a world of difference to someone who feels that no one cares about them.

You can sustain true love through weekly meetings. Think of it as a challenge that you will manfully overcome and help her through as well. You will not be the first lovers who have endured separation.

Please talk to some caring, responsible person in your church about your fears for this girl. Your pastor should be able to talk to her confidetnially and have her parents get her counselling for her problems.

Knowing that you care and are doing everything you can for her will be immeasurably comforting. Courage!