FWB: Back to friends or wanting more?

I was (am) friends with "D" for 18 months before we began a FWB deal. Its been going on for almost six months now and, so far, has been mutual fun--we're pretty sexually compatible, I think. During the beginning, we'd hang out together as we ran in the same social circle and, when alone or online, our conversations would always take a sexual turn. We didn't make a point to spend time or talk alone without it eventually turning sexual, which makes sense.

Recently, things have cooled off but taken a turn that leaves me a little confused as to where this is going...

For example...

-For the past two weeks, he has contacted me to talk almost daily. Stuff about our day, similar activites we enjoy in our little group, just general chatter with little to no sexual overtones or our usual heavy innuedno.

-He came and picked me up and we hung out for nearly six hours, alone for parts and with friends. Again, nothing went on or was suggested.

-I was talking to a friend of his about a guy who asked me out. His friend told me he wouldn't tell D and I asked why..."Because you're not allowed to date! (jokingly) D is protective of you." I was a little shocked because when I'm around D and the topic comes up (usually our friends picking on me), he enjoys teasing me about guys and doesn't at all seem upset that I'm on the "market." He has also done some dating during this time.

Where is this going? :confused: