What are the signs? Friends or potential lovers...

tamarachick

[FONT=Times New Roman]

I think I need some of you guys’ perspective on this please, as I find it difficult to just relax into a potential new relationship and just see what happens… I just want some pointers..

He is nearly divorced but still living in the marital home but is moving out in a few weeks, and has a young son who is totally (and rightly so) his priority in his life and who he is extremely worried may be upset by the divorce.

I live some 60 miles away from him – he still lives in the town I grew up in and I moved away but I go back there every 2-3 weeks to stay with my family who are still there,

OK – the situation is I have been out him on 3 occasions, the first 2 days instigated by him and the 3rd date by me. On each of our dates neither of us has broached the subject of meeting up again, this is what drives me insane!

I am aware of his situation and am totally happy to give him all the space he needs if this is what I should do but I don’t want to seem disinterested.

We have a fair amount of playful contact by emails, texts, etc.in between times, (mostly initiated by him) we have kissed on our last 2 dates and talked loosely about a couple of things we want to plan next month (next month is when his divorce is finalised but I don’t know if that’s significant) , i.e. going away for a night to another city and playing some squash cos he is really into it and he jokes he will teach me to play.

When we’re together he always acts the perfect gentleman with me, very considerate to me, insists on paying and looking after me and is lovely company and is quite flirtatious and tactile etc. What drives me mad is not knowing when we are going to meet again, etc. If I did I could relax. I don’t want to come on heavy with him and ask him what he wants from me but I feel I need some kind of idea.

Another problem is I don’t come home to our home town at set times to visit my family so it’s a case of me letting him know when I’m around. I don’t want to be pushy with him and make him feel obliged to meet up with me just cos I am home but at the same time if I didn’t tell him he wouldn’t know when I was home!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated – thanks!

[/FONT]

VictoryisMine

Next time you're heading to your hometown, text him, say something like "I'm gonna be in town this week, give me a call"

Or, "I'm gonna be in town, would like to see you, hope to hear from you"

Tell him when you are e-mailing how much fun you have with him while y'all are hanging out.

I guess you should give him space but at the same time be honest with your feelings. If you want to see him, say it. Just always grab the opportunity as life is too short. Just be ready on any emotional stress that may come in your way. But saying what is in your heart is not too bad.

I'd at least wait until the ink is dry on his divorce papers. The guy isn't officially divorced yet, so I'm sure he's got a lot on his plate right now. Plus, he may not want to see you as the rebound girl, so he may want to take things at a slower pace.

60 miles? That's an hour drive! That's not that far for the two of you to meet up on a regular basis when things settle down.