3rd husband- update

I haven't signed on in a long time, but thought that I would let everyone know how everything panned out with my wife.

I'm the guy who was my wife's third husband, and I signed on in October 2007 because I had been having serious doubts about her after finding out her history of cheating on her previous husbands. I was also concerned as she had started telling me about her wonderful boss and his awful wife.

The consensus seemed to be that I should leave, and that it was just a matter of time before she cheated on me.

Well, everyone was right. It turns out that my wife had been having an affair with her married boss starting three months before my original post! I discovered it, and tried to stop it. She went underground and started it back up within 2 weeks. I am now divorced, as is her boss-because of the affair.

It has been two years since the awful realization that the woman that I thought I knew-and who I considered the love of my life- was setting me up....

Things are much better now, even though the breakup was hell. My kids are doing well, and I have gotten over her. It now seems like only a bad dream.

I was good to her, but she didn't want me. I'm ok with that now.

Thank you to the people of this forum for your support during that dark time. Time does make it easier, I thought that was a crock-but it's true.

Bligh

Hello,

I am glad that you are doing well. Unfortunately these stories are just so common. Most people wish to be in denial and hope for the best which is only natural. In your case, there is an old saying that is very true. Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior. She cheated on her previous two husbands and you were her third. It should not have come as a surprise. I wish you the best.

Chrome Barracuda

That woman has some serious problems if you are married to husband number three and cheated on all your husbands you have the problem!

And also why the hell did she even agree to marry you in the first place if she wasnt gonna be faithful anyway's.

I'm glad you got out, live your life. Is she still chasing after her boss???

• Author

Barracuda,

She dumped him, now probably after another guy. I'm sure it didn't help his case that he ended up paying out the nose to his ex, who I contacted and told about the affair. Also, that he is now looking for another job -thanks to me.

There are certain people you just shouldn't mess with, guys who grew up on ranches are one of those groups....

bligh

GorillaTheater
She dumped him, now probably after another guy. I'm sure it didn't help his case that he ended up paying out the nose to his ex, who I contacted and told about the affair. Also, that he is now looking for another job -thanks to me.

Well done, Bligh.

Good luck.

Untouchable_Fire
I haven't signed on in a long time, but thought that I would let everyone know how everything panned out with my wife.

I'm the guy who was my wife's third husband, and I signed on in October 2007 because I had been having serious doubts about her after finding out her history of cheating on her previous husbands. I was also concerned as she had started telling me about her wonderful boss and his awful wife.

The consensus seemed to be that I should leave, and that it was just a matter of time before she cheated on me.

Well, everyone was right. It turns out that my wife had been having an affair with her married boss starting three months before my original post! I discovered it, and tried to stop it. She went underground and started it back up within 2 weeks. I am now divorced, as is her boss-because of the affair.

It has been two years since the awful realization that the woman that I thought I knew-and who I considered the love of my life- was setting me up....

Things are much better now, even though the breakup was hell. My kids are doing well, and I have gotten over her. It now seems like only a bad dream.

I was good to her, but she didn't want me. I'm ok with that now.

Thank you to the people of this forum for your support during that dark time. Time does make it easier, I thought that was a crock-but it's true.

Bligh

None of that was your fault. You did what you could. Some women are just broken... and it's too bad because they create a wake of shattered lives behind them.

Just keep moving forward! You will find someone who is capable of loving you. Don't give up!

Can't say once a cheater, always a cheater, because there are exceptions. You got to admit, alot of cheaters are repeat offenders. A leopard can't change it's spots.

• Author

Thanks everyone. Wish I had paid closer attention to the clues. I just couldn't believe a woman with a two year old, seemingly happy, could be so blatant a cheater.