Househusband...to be or not to be?

storman_469

A new Direction as a Househusband

After being the main provider and househusband to boot, what I thought was the one for me, turned out to be the one for herself. When she was gone, so were her children. Leaving a huge gaping void in my world. Having taken the time to reflect on what gave me a great deal of satisfaction, I would now gladly be a full time househusband. The rewards and benifits are fantastic. It would be like a dream come true to be able to focus on family life and not just being a provider.

I'm now searching for a real woman that not only accepts, but is actually supportive of a male with a slightly softer side - a male who would enjoy being a househusband to a successful and assertive woman. I am a tender, sweet, sensual loving guy who wants to take care of his wife and pamper her. I want to do more to support her career than what is generally expected from men. I want her to be able to thrive in her career, and know that she can come home to a clean and well maintained home. Share a delicious delicious home cooked dinner(yes I can Cook). I want her to be able to succeed in her professional life, and properly enjoy the fruits of her labor in her personal life. Soothing massages and candle lit bubble baths will be the order of the day.

I already own all the toys, 4x4, 5th wheel trailer,boat, jet ski, snowmobile, entertainment system, musical instuments and almost every type of power tool you can think of, even my own sewing machine, and yes I know how to use that too. I don't need a "sugar momma". I come complete with everything. I'm searching for that special someone that needs a great friend and lover, and a partner in life. Is this crazy or what?

It's not crazy - it's a goal and a dream, and it sounds like it would be lovely if you can find someone who can make it work with you.

I'm sure you're aware that even more conventional husband-wife agreements don't always work out as planned because of changes in the economy, health, family situations, employment, etc. Also, life at home can sometimes be less stressful than paid employment - but it can also be more stressful. Problems tend to involve isolation, lack of adult contact, sense that you're waiting at home for your spouse to return, and of course the sometimes-overwhelming load of housework. It can be a walk in the park in a childless household, or living h*ll if there are several young, clingy children. When my kids were tiny I would welcome my paid employment in a stressful high tech job as a nice, restful change of pace.

If I were looking for a man right now, I'd be very interested in someone like you. I'd want to know that you could be employed again if it became necessary.

• Author

I understand that situations can change and the ability to earn should not be over looked. I've spent the last 15 years being self employed. Earning over six figures a year for the past 7 years. It seamed that the more I made the more she needed to be happy, and "when momma aint happy, aint nobody happy" (Dr. Phil). I remember when I didn't have two nickels to rub together, I was way happier than when I made alot. I spent more quality time with people doing fun things that didn't cost a lot to do. I've since learned that life is great when you experience it with people that you care about and vice versa. My best memories in life are those that included close friends or family. Sure its nice to have a fancy new vehicle, but no ones going to mention that in your eulogy. I want to be remembered for the effect that I've had on other people and not on what I've purchased!

• 2 weeks later...

I guess you could run a personal add on the net.....Boy Toy for Sale!!! LOL!

I could use a "wife type" myself....however, I don't make enough money to feel the extra person.