escape .... paraphrase?

gettingoverhim

gettingoverhim

Pretty much what I want to say is this:

Vinny. You know I love you , and am attracted to you, and am all about you living your dreams, but I cannot be with someone so wrapped up in their own world that they wouldn't give anyone a hint of affection.

Any ideas on how to say that better? The background is this is a friend who I've had for years, and we recently went through an attraction thing, but were trying to keep the friendship going, but after talking to a bunch of people who know him, I've realized what a charmless **** he is, nomatter how handsome, and that my feelings and the amount of weed and booze we downed were getting in the way of me seeing the selfishness behind his every move.

I need love, I have to jump my needle off this broken record. Help!

Rather than focus on what to say to him, what are you expecting him to say back? Are you honestly prepared to hear what you don't want to hear?

Vinny. You know I love you , and am attracted to you, and am all about you living your dreams

Though, I wouldn't say that. This is a game. It's about power and you've just shown him all your cards. I'd think of a better way to say this. Sometimes, situations like these are better left to nothing being said. Just fade away, and when he comes seeking you out you just tell him bluntly what happened. Go find yourself a new man, and you will be shocked when things work out the way they are supposed to work out. You'll wonder, "Vinny who?"