Love, Validation, and 'Visibility' - Interesting article

My immediate response was that the author didn't know how to spell Nathaniel Branden's name. Once I got beyond that, I found the narrative to be quite thought-provoking and a very intelligent discussion of romantic pursuits. It brought up a lot of issues and angles that people do not often consider. I recommend that everybody interested in the topics of romantic love and relationships read it from start to finish.

You really know how to find some great articles. I wish you would find a site to help me win the lottery.

CaterpillarGirl

Hmmm...I'm not so sure I like that the author only points out two types of marriages, surely these do not constitute all the colors of the marriage spectrum?

Other than that, interesting.

• Author

CatGirl

I'm not so sure I like that the author only points out two types of marriages

I agree with you in that regard, but then again, were he to get into 'love styles', 'love languages' and all the other marital dynamics it would've been a book :)

His ideas on 'visibility' and 'rhythms' were different from others I'd run across. They are interesting observations.

On first reading, they sound plausible and worthwhile. I'll likely think on them more before I adopt them into my own belief system, though.

As far as I can tell, masculinity is the expression of man's belief that the creation of a woman was natures most brilliant idea. And femininity is the expression of women's belief that the creation of man is natures most brilliant idea.

What a GREAT quote and thought!

I personally think the creation of man WAS quite brilliant!

I enjoyed the article and experienced neither one of those type of marriages. Mine had a name as well....but I'll take the high road and refrain from typing it in my post.

Thanks Moimeme!

ThisGirlNameKD

Thank you Moimeme, I had to save this and print it out. This is a great article! I especially like the emphasis on that love is not enough to carry a relationship. You have to learn how to communicate properly, and you have to learn problem solving skills to make a relationship last.