Honestly Women, Does Money Matter?

clatan

hmm. ok; let's say you have a reached an inductive conclusion - tell me if i've got any of the following premises incorrect:

a. all women seek money

b. all people who seek money without being explicit about it are liars

c. all women who are liars are bitches

d. some women are explicit about wanting money and are not liars

e. women who are not liars are not bitches.

as i see it, you've gathered all the evidence you need to prove this idea to yourself. no woman, in your experience or imagination, can ever contradict premise A.

seeking prostitutes, in your situation, is the only rational solution.

so, really, there is no need to be angry or disappointed about this problem at all. and, if you remove the inflammatory and derogatory terms, your argument is stronger.

if anything, you should be satisfied that your circle of thinking is consistently proven correct. it is irrational and unproductive to seek further evidence to prove a conclusion with which you are satisfied.

cheers, j

By now this thread's rather long so please pardon me if you've already covered some of this.

Generally, both men and women tend to find people who are headed in the same direction. Everyone has an idea of the kinds of things they want out of live...from love...to experiences...to a house, a car and a family. Like it or not, money makes the world go around. It doesn't make life, but it does make life easier. If a women has it in her head that she's going to be a mother of two living in a two-story house by the time she's thirty, then she has to have that vision in her head when she sees you. Rolling up in a Ford Festiva may be a sign that she's a little out of your price range.

But in fairness to the ladies reading this, I'd say men do it to - it's just that women get the label of "gold diggers" attached to them because of the antiquated belief that men work while women stay at home and cook. That's yesterday, pal. I check women out just as much as they check me out. If I don't see that she's good with money, or if I get the impression that she's otherwise irresponsible, I wouldn't consider her marriage material. If I thought she was going to do nothing more than work at a sack n pack all her life, I probably wouldn't be interested. Cold? Yeah, maybe. But each of us has our idea of what it is we're entitled to, and you can't hide that. Women and men both look for people who fits the description of a person who can be their "match". It may be offensive to the people who get rejected, but so be it. Why waste everyone's time here?

Here's the thing you have to remember Cal. The fact is, there are women out there who are going to be suitable candidates for you. There are women out there who will be okay with a guy who earns 15-20K a year if he's otherwise suitable, and some of those women may surprise you. A fair number of them will earn perhaps twice as much as you and still be okay with that if they think you'd be a good father. That's exactly the case with my brother, who's wife is rolling in the dough...happily married for 18 years now. Your problem is that you're looking for the wrong women. You're trying to catch the high-rent babes, and unfortunately for you, they're looking for tenants who can pay their rent. No whutta mean, Vern?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I agree with the above post but again, we are getting off of the context of what I'm talking about. Sure, a person's entitled to have their idea of who they want to be with and usually want someone who's headed in the same direction, but that's irrelevant to my situation. If they wanted someone "equal" to them they to them they'd go for someone even poorer than me! The whole point of why I call them goldiggers is because someone who makes the same or even a little more isn't good enough for them. They act as if I'm a worthless bum when I'm actually doing better for myself than they are.

And again.... Why is it that everyone seems to equate "I don't make a lot of money" to "I'm a bum, who can't pay their bills and has gone bankrupt and bounced checks all over town." That's not the case. FYI Just because a person doesn't drive a new Yukon, have a 5000-grand plasma tv, wear Tommy Hilfiger and eat at the Olive Garden every weekend doesn't mean that someone is irresponsible with money, a parasite or a vagrant.

FYI Just because a person doesn't drive a new Yukon, have a 5000-grand plasma tv, wear Tommy Hilfiger and eat at the Olive Garden every weekend doesn't mean that someone is irresponsible with money, a parasite or a vagrant.

I dont see anyone here having this assumption clatan except you........ just be happy then with what life has dealt you, no one here can help you because your refusing to look at anyone elses point of view except yours. And in that I think the mods should close this post as it as well is unproductive and repetitive.

Clatan,

I think your problem is that you're dating the wrong women. There are some out there who don't have salary requirements. Now, do all of these women have abs like Christina Aguilera, a butt like Britney and boobs like Pamela Anderson? No, but I dare say some of them have something of redeeming value both psychologically and physically.

As well, you seem to have a rather defeatist attitude. And let's face it, dude. No chick wants to hang out with a guy who's always walking around saying "Poor me." Even if you don't say it, women see it. Get out of the gutter and just be happy being yourself.