Beginning to date again...

Hi,

I've been lurking for a few weeks, reading through the posts and trying to pick up a few tips on relationships!

Can I get a little advice? I was badly let down by my hubby (he had an affair) nearly two years ago...and it took me a long time to get over it, in fact I'm still bitter about that and will find it hard to trust any man again for a long time.

Anyway...fast forward two years and I've been asked out by a customer at the hotel where I work. I've known him for a long time and we get on quite well. He's taking me out to dinner tomorrow night and I'm worried that I'm going to screw it up. It is a very long time since I did the dating thing. (I was with my husband for 21 years)

What are the current dating "rules" if any? I do find him attractive, but I don't want him to think I'm easy, but I do him to know I'm definitely interested?

Seahorse

• Author

Argh, well, I tried to activate my account through the link that was sent to me, but it won't do it, keeps saying invalid address. Can I get some help?

Seahorse

Just take things slow. A first date doesn't always have to have something happen and you don't necessarily have to let the person know anything by telling them anything. If the date is going well, both of you will know.

good luck

• Author

Hello again,

Thank you Sarah for your sensible advice, I guess I was just a bit apprehensive. Everything seemed to go very well. We had dinner at a local pub and just talked and talked. The evening seemed to shoot by.

He was the perfect gentleman and when he dropped me off he kissed me enough for me to know that he was definitely interested.

I'll keep you all posted!

Seahorse