Breaking Out of the Friendzone

Question for either guys or ladies...any successful strategies for breaking free from the friendzone without jeopardizing the friendship? This is for someone who I really care for and while I'm willing to remain "just friends" if that is the only option, it could be oh-so-much-more. Was thinking of trying to act a bit of a jerk, since many women seem to be attracted romantically to guys that treat them like dirt and place the true friend guys into the no-sex-friendzone.

With a woman, no matter what you do, you will 'risk' the friendship. Sometimes, that's because there really was no friendship, rather an ego feed for her and you're really irrelevant, and others because there is a solid friendship and romance changes the entire dynamic. If you've been communicating, you both should know how each other feels. IMO, the only exception is when one or both parties are in another relationship and have tacitly agreed that friendship without romance is their only path and behave in such a manner proactively. If their circumstances were to change, then growing that 'friendship' into romance is possible. Again, with a woman, you'll never know. You can only trust that she's being honest and watch her actions.

If the actions are those of a friend, then I would have confidence.

...any successful strategies for breaking free from the friendzone without jeopardizing the friendship?

There's no guarantees, especially if you don't know how they feel. I think you need to ask if the friendship is worth risking & maybe losing everything for?

Oh and being as you say 'jerk' right now, won't automatically make her fancy the pants off you because she already knows how you behave around her normally and the sudden change of gear will make her suspicious and confuse.

Why would you want to be someone else anyways? Be yourself - a better you if anything.