Bestfriend Vs Boyfriend

Who is more important your bestfriend or your boyfriend?

Imagine that you're in a relationship for 5 years...

Edited by whiteberry
Who is more important your bestfriend or your boyfriend?

Imagine that you're in a relationship for 5 years...

You should make plans with both of them in advance and not break plans with either.

You should make plans with both of them in advance and not break plans with either.

Right we should try and make equal efforts there, but if we had to actually CHOOSE for some reason, obviously that would depend on what happened to get it there...they would have to be #1 in my life in 2 different ways, that's all.

I would suggest not presenting your best friend with that choice :)

From your past posts, you appear to be single, hopefully;)

Right we should try and make equal efforts there, but if we had to actually CHOOSE for some reason, obviously that would depend on what happened to get it there...they would have to be #1 in my life in 2 different ways, that's all.

If both of those two people are decent people, they won't make you choose. Whichever one insists you choose is immature and not worth your time. Keep whoever doesn't need you to choose.

• 4 weeks later...
Best friends trump boy(or girl) friends.

That's my vote. Especially if you're hoping (or expecting) that your girlfriend will be there to help you pick up the pieces when the relationship ends. Because odds are, that's what's gonna happen.

If both of those two people are decent people, they won't make you choose. Whichever one insists you choose is immature and not worth your time. Keep whoever doesn't need you to choose.

Ordinarily I don't quote myself, but I feel I need to repeat myself.

Interesting... But if my significant other ever gave an inkling that she would choose her best friend, I'd just head it off at the pass, and just dump her. Why waste my time...

OP didn't say she was being asked to choose, she just asked who was more important, the BF or BFF.

I'm suggesting that the girlfriend will more than likely outlast the boyfriend, and when that happens, she will probably need the girlfriend to help her cope with the breakup. Not suggesting anyone should ever have to choose, I just hate to see it when women blow off their girlfriends for a guy, and then expect the best friend to be around at the end to pick up the pieces.

OP didn't say she was being asked to choose, she just asked who was more important, the BF or BFF.

I'm suggesting that the girlfriend will more than likely outlast the boyfriend, and when that happens, she will probably need the girlfriend to help her cope with the breakup. Not suggesting anyone should ever have to choose, I just hate to see it when women blow off their girlfriends for a guy, and then expect the best friend to be around at the end to pick up the pieces.

I dunno. I've done that for my friends and they've done that for me.