Love him, but don't want to scare him.

My emotions are on a roller coaster right now. I have a great guy friend. I've fallen head over heels for him, but don't know what to do. He is a great, friendly, super nice guy, not just to me but to everyone. We've known each other for almost 10 years, but have gotten much closer in the past 2. We share so many of the same likes, dislikes and beliefs. We text almost daily now. Nothing overtly flirty, but daily. We have quite a few inside jokes that he brings up on a regular basis. Sometimes he seems to be showing so many signs of interested. Extended eye contact, touching his face while we're talking, pupils dilating, etc. Yet when we were alone for lunch today he didn't talk nearly as much as he does when we are in a group and didn't really seem "into" the conversation, even though it was just basic talk, nothing about feelings, relationships, etc. When we left I put one arm around his waist for a hug and he hugged me around my neck (with both arms), one pat and then just squeezed. I texted him to let him know I got home and enjoyed seeing him. While he did text back he seemed a bit short and changed the subject. I know from previous relationships that he's been in he gets scared easy. I don't want to scare him off by coming on too strong, but I don't want to let him slip away by not coming on at all. After 2 years do I need to just accept we're just friends and move on or is there some secret to figuring him out with scaring him away?

Lisa, shouldn't you be focusing on your husband & work on the marriage? Either that or look into getting a divorce? You sound exactly like my friend who's fallen out of love with her husband. She too was looking for signs... never-mind, I'm gonna stop.

That's all I have to say 'cause you know the score by now.