To Be Friends or To Be More, That Is The Question

Have any of you ever felt conflicted in your heart when it comes to a long time friend?

For instance, there has been physical affection beyond hugging or kissing and yet you stayed friends. Both dated other people yet one or both still over time feel conflicted on what to do with how they feel. I know it's a grey area and sort of vague on my part for this, but I'm just wondering if its possible over time for someone to still be in limbo on their feelings for you.

If anyone has questions on where this is coming from, I'm more then willing to fill in the blank parts...

• Author
Follow your heart and you will not be conflicted and always remember #2 from your avatar.

Thanks, but this is more so in fact about someone else not me. I'm not conflicted, but wonder from another perspective if its possible to be conflicted over time to a certain point and not know what to do about it.

Yes, I think people can be conflicted but that's no excuse. In reality we all know exactly what we want. Being conflicted only comes in play when you start over-thinking the situation.

Yes, have held two long-time friendships after physical intimacy and feelings on both sides...one for more than 20 years...somehow feelings get under control. In a friendship now (not physical) where feelings have emerged but also under control. In all cases, everyone is already married (I know, spare me the lectures). Bottom line is that I believe that friendships go deeper than love and true friendship is the basis of true love. Hope that helps in some small way.