Girlfriend wants to join Army? !!!

salem mark

• Author

Soul Search , thank you for this info i will forward this in an email,

maybe it will help seriously think this thru

This is agreat forum with excellent advice/points of view , surprising, the intelligence and depth of these comments, beeter than you would get from a professional counselor, and its free!!!

• Author

Soul Search, shes going in as an officer/nurse practtioner

Do you still feel your perception hold true for her as well?

SoulSearch_CO
Soul Search, shes going in as an officer/nurse practtioner

Do you still feel your perception hold true for her as well?

Abso-freaking-lutely. No difference except she makes more money and is in charge of people underneath her, and has more responsibility.

Soul Search what do you mean exactly "that lifestyle"

Military Lifestyle. It can be really hard on families. Deployments. The Army pretty much owns you and can do whatever they damn well please whenever they want. And you better hope you never piss off anyone that's in a position to make your life hell. I've heard of that happening a lot, too - abuse of power.

It's a 24/7 job. They can tell you to come to work whenever they want. And I hope you'd be ready to have your life uprooted. I imagine the recruiter will probably tell her she has her choice of which base to go to. :laugh: That's awesome. They'll send her where they need her. She can state "preferences," but they may as well use that piece of paper as toilet paper.

If the recruiter promises her certain bonus(es), make sure it's in WRITING!!!

There's a running joke about families vs military, salem: "If the Army wanted you to have a family, they'd have handed them out in basic training." It can be a major strain. Yes - it most definitely CAN prove if your relationship is strong enough to last. But it can also be exactly what it takes to tear you two apart.

When I said "get educated," I'm not kidding. There is a wealth of info out there. Try militarywives.com . They also have forums on there (one dedicated to each branch, so look for the Army one to get more specific info) where you can ask more specific questions about this "lifestyle."

Good luck, my friend - I don't think I'd be able to do it. I've seen too much.