Sensitive but strong male...

SadandConfusedWA
I have been dating someone for a while, that much is true. But I am not anticipating a proposal of marriage from that individual, and if you review my posts I have not mentioned being single - I have complained about being unmarried and childless at 30, which I am. I also have concerns about the long-term potential of my current relationship, so I think it's reasonable for me to feel that I struggle to meet suitable men (including my current boyfriend, who is not my ideal). I still worry about ending up as an old spinster with six cats, given that my current relationship has problems and I don't meet any other eligible guys - to some extent I settled for my current partner for exactly that reason.

OK, fair enough. You are still ahead of lot of us who are single :laugh:

Not really. If you're single, all you have to do is meet someone. I have the dilemma of dealing with my current relationship before I could even meet someone else. Also, arguably you have to have your life in some sort of order to manage being single, whereas I am in an unsatisfactory relationship to compensate for the rest of my life being a mess. Truthfully, I would rather be single and have the rest of my life sorted than be in an unsatisfactory relationship which is carrying me through the rest of the mess that is my life :(

• Author
Not really. If you're single, all you have to do is meet someone. I have the dilemma of dealing with my current relationship before I could even meet someone else. Also, arguably you have to have your life in some sort of order to manage being single, whereas I am in an unsatisfactory relationship to compensate for the rest of my life being a mess. Truthfully, I would rather be single and have the rest of my life sorted than be in an unsatisfactory relationship which is carrying me through the rest of the mess that is my life :(

Being single isn't a piece of cake either. The only advantage you would have over your current situation is that you don't have another human being complicating matters in your life. Other than that, remember that the grass is always greener on the other side, until you realize that the grass is so green and lush because it is being nourished by a septic tank beneath it.

Keep your head up! :)

• Author
Thornton, part of the fun of being single is that your life can be a mess and you don't feel guilty about it!

I agree with what Rudderless says here. It's better to not have to worry about any of the guilt you are currently dealing with. If you are looking, maybe you should be single to save yourself the heartache and frustration of a jarring transition to another relationship.

Z How tall are you ?

Why does it matter? If he told you he was 5'6 would you automatically find him unattractive? because that is retarded.

If this means anything : Alot of ppl develop * on line relationships * where they go ga ga over eachother and have never met. More often than not when they do meet its a * LETDOWN * I have had more letdowns than successes when it comes to online .

The best advice I can give for those who insist on the online life...Meet them and spend 6 months in real quality time getting to know them. Then you can find out if they are a serial Hoarder or psychotic killer....( or what have you )...lol...

Even in real life, without the internet dating you can get to know someone very well, and be with them for 2 1/2 years and think you know everything about them...BUT you will only know what they want you to know. I have recently found out his whole life (that he shared with me) was a HUGE lie. Not saying everyone is like that, just saying you just never really know. I am 36 and and again on the road to singlesville :( I will keep trying though, I may not be so trusting now, but I will try.

Keep looking Z and don't settle for anyone who makes you unsure of anything :)

Good Luck!

Why does it matter? If he told you he was 5'6 would you automatically find him unattractive? because that is retarded.

I can ask any man anything I want about him via online or in person. :)

Even in real life, without the internet dating you can get to know someone very well, and be with them for 2 1/2 years and think you know everything about them...BUT you will only know what they want you to know. I have recently found out his whole life (that he shared with me) was a HUGE lie. Not saying everyone is like that, just saying you just never really know. I am 36 and and again on the road to singlesville :( I will keep trying though, I may not be so trusting now, but I will try.

Keep looking Z and don't settle for anyone who makes you unsure of anything :)

Good Luck!

That is very true. There are men who are serial killers that lead somewhat normal lives and not even there wives know they are killing women. So true.

I can ask any man anything I want about him via online or in person. :)

Tell me, if he said he was 5'6, would you not find him very attractive anymore?

Tell me, if he said he was 5'6, would you not find him very attractive anymore?

My husband was 5.6 , same height as me , so yes.

• 2 weeks later...

ok all you LS gals,Zan is done here,he probably found someone thats why he hasnt posted lately.

Though he does possess some killer eyes..i wonder if he has some juicy catnip for me..

Edited by selena_cat
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
ok all you LS gals,Zan is done here,he probably found someone thats why he hasnt posted lately.

Though he does possess some killer eyes..i wonder if he has some juicy catnip for me..

Here kitty kitty kitty. :p

• Author
How are you doing lately?

I want an update.

You saw my other posting. Thanks for the response. I'm back to the hunt. :bunny:

You saw my other posting. Thanks for the response. I'm back to the hunt. :bunny:

God I love your eyes very much :)