When will it stop hurting?

Sometimes it takes years....and sometimes you just never fully get over it.

But if it was really something very special at the time, getting over it completely would probably diminish the truth of that somehow.

It's OK not to completely heal.

It's even better no to run into the ex for a hundred years.

I was out with a group of friends and ran into my ex. We chatted a bit...but now, I am home, I am crying. I thought I was over him!

I'm really sorry about what happened to you, it's no fun to go through that. Sometimes I guess we think we're over people and then seeing them again brings everything back. Time is the only thing that can heal that unfortunately, and it's different for everyone. Try to focus on stuff that makes you feel better, and be glad for what you learned from your relationship with this guy. Sometimes thinking about stuff that bothered you about him can help to ( I know you can think of stuff!) And what always helps me is to remember that everything in your life happens for a reason, even though you may not see it right away. Good luck, and remember to keep smiling!

billy the kid

Miranda, My ex from ten years ago and I only run across each other every couple of years or so and never speak.. well about 6 months ago I was at Krogers ( the super market) and as I was walking up to the meat counter(about 100 ft.away) I saw her, but I don't think she saw me, so I go back all the way around the store cuz I just don't want to see her. Well I pick up what I need and haul ass to the check out well I am waiting in line and here she comes , three people behind me.. any way I shop here pretty often and know most of the clerks... as I get up to check out the clerk jokes and hits on me where every one can see, by the way she was really cute just to young for me( another story) so anyway I felt so good as I walked out of the store, knowing that my ex had seen and heard it all.. well later when I got home I felt like you, ya see this girl had and will always hold a special place in my heart...remember It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all...

Sometimes it takes years....and sometimes you just never fully get over it. But if it was really something very special at the time, getting over it completely would probably diminish the truth of that somehow. It's OK not to completely heal. It's even better no to run into the ex for a hundred years.