Trying not to mess it up. suggestions?

tryingtogetherback

tryingtogetherback

My ex broke up with me about 5 months ago. Ever since this girl that I had been decent friends with and I are inseparable. We are ALWAYS talking, and texting when not together. Well, I work with her, and her boyfriend. Over the past 4 months, I have started to develop feelings for her which have only come to be much stronger and more evident the last few weeks.

Her boyfriend proposed at the beginning of September, when they were having a HUGE fight. She accepted because he asked in front of a ton of people. Well last week they had it out again, and she gave back the ring. She was thinking about saying that he just needed to get out. But as of today she hasn't made a decision.

I really really like her. I love talking to her, love being around her, and spending time with her. But it's hard for me to take when I can't tell if she quite possible feels the same way. She tells me everything even things she doesn't tell her boyfriend, and tells me Im all she has, and that I understand her better than anyone even him. I just don't understand why she doesn't want to be with me. She is 5 years older than I am, but I think when you find someone that you just "click" with, age doesn't matter.

Does anyone think I should just tell her how I feel? Or just try to give signals? Or leave it alone? Anyone been through something like this? I'm open to any suggestions! Thanks for reading! Please reply!

My ex broke up with me about 5 months ago. Ever since this girl that I had been decent friends with and I are inseparable. We are ALWAYS talking, and texting when not together. Well, I work with her, and her boyfriend. Over the past 4 months, I have started to develop feelings for her which have only come to be much stronger and more evident the last few weeks.

Her boyfriend proposed at the beginning of September, when they were having a HUGE fight. She accepted because he asked in front of a ton of people. Well last week they had it out again, and she gave back the ring. She was thinking about saying that he just needed to get out. But as of today she hasn't made a decision.

I really really like her. I love talking to her, love being around her, and spending time with her. But it's hard for me to take when I can't tell if she quite possible feels the same way. She tells me everything even things she doesn't tell her boyfriend, and tells me Im all she has, and that I understand her better than anyone even him. I just don't understand why she doesn't want to be with me. She is 5 years older than I am, but I think when you find someone that you just "click" with, age doesn't matter.

Does anyone think I should just tell her how I feel? Or just try to give signals? Or leave it alone? Anyone been through something like this? I'm open to any suggestions! Thanks for reading! Please reply!

I think you need to put away your romantic feelings for this woman, at least for while. She is in involved in a serious relationship with another man, even if that relationship is a bit strained. What you don't want to do--or shouldn't want to do--is try and use their conficts to your won advantage. That always ends badly. Step back, be her friend, and see how this engagement works out.

• Author
tryingtogetherback

Thank you for the reply. I will definitely do that. I don't want to try and weasel my way in. I would like to to do it fair and square.