To Lucille re sex

If you can have sex right away and come away feeling just as good about yourself as you did before, THEN GREAT. (Just make sure it's safe sex, please!) I really do mean that.

I wish I could be more like that, seriously. Go out, find some stud, get laid. Men have it so good that way because they can and do often do that. I don't because I don't think I'll like the way it'll make me feel afterward.

If you have sex right away and always feel worse about yourself afterwards (or feel like you just came down off a high), then it's problem. Nevermind your gender and cultural stereotypes.

No one cares about your self-esteem and feelings of worth EXCEPT YOU. No one. Everyone's got their own problems with that, trust me. And we often try to make the guy/gal we're doing or seeing or whatever, responsible for making us feel better. But that's not reality. It always comes down to YOU. So take care that what you do always engenders feelings of self-satisfaction and self-worth. -another 2 cents.

LT

Yes it was safe sex. I had an HIV test before I went into my last relationship and I was OK.

Am I so unusual? I would like to think that in this day and age that a woman could go out and do it with a guy and walk away and not feel guilty. The only reason anyone feels guilty is because society makes us feel it is NOT ACCEPTABLE for women to do that. And that just doesn't cut it any more. What's good for the gander is good for the goose in my opinion.

Mind you, this was all in my twenties, and I would no longer do that anymore. I am ready to settle down, secure in the knowledge that I haven't missed out on anything in that department. In fact, knowing that what's out there is not that great, my chances of being faithful are higher.

billy the kid

cheers for you Lucy, I totally agree with all of your past posts on this subject...

Yes it was safe sex. I had an HIV test before I went into my last relationship and I was OK.

Am I so unusual? I would like to think that in this day and age that a woman could go out and do it with a guy and walk away and not feel guilty. The only reason anyone feels guilty is because society makes us feel it is NOT ACCEPTABLE for women to do that. And that just doesn't cut it any more. What's good for the gander is good for the goose in my opinion. Mind you, this was all in my twenties, and I would no longer do that anymore. I am ready to settle down, secure in the knowledge that I haven't missed out on anything in that department. In fact, knowing that what's out there is not that great, my chances of being faithful are higher.