what is it really?????

Bobbie Joe

billy the kid

Bobbie with out looking in a book this is going to take some thought so give me some time I'm sure someone else will come back before me but take us all under consideration.. everyone see's it different but basically the same..

Would somebody or everybody please tell me the true meaning of love, and please not out of a book...

I suspect you are talking about romantic love here, since there are other types like that for a friend, platonic, that for God, agape, etc.

Romantic love is a euphoric feeling of well-being we feel when we are close to the object of our love. We should want the best for them but most often we want them to be with us whether that's best for them or not.

Romantic love, then, is pretty selfish because it's a feeling we can share with nobody but ourselves. The love we feel for our beloved can never be truly communicated because they cannot crawl in our heart and feel what we feel...so we pretty much own it ourselves. If we are in a mutually fulfilling love situation, then we get the sense that it is two-way and we get a wonderful sense of stability and connectedness.

I think you can love someone unilaterally but it is pretty empty if it's not returned. That's why I think the ultimate definition of romantic love is the spiritual and emotional binding of two souls for the common benefit of the world.

If the world is a better place because two people love each other, then it is right.

The reason we fall in love, which is actually part of its definition, is because of the way the object of our love makes us feel when they are with us...and when they are not. The reason we fall out of love is because we no longer feel good or special around that person. That's why I can never understand why people post questions in this forum, give details of how terrible they feel in a relationship, and yet proclaim their love for the partner. It's insance...but there are a lot of professionals who believe love to be a state of insanity. We do a lot of things when we are in love that we would never do in a normal state of mind.

Remember the old saying, "Fools rush in, where wise men never dare to tread. Wise men never fall in love."

Love is truly undefineable. It's almost like a disease. It can be defined by its symptoms, it's causes, what brings it on, what destroys it...but to define it's core essence is totally impossible. All we can do is dance around it.

I think that is the way it was meant to be.