"Desperation" & "Confidence": Why do those matters?

Jerry18

Being desperate has nothing to do with how well I cook, how many times I'll cheat (if any), my personality...

Why is being desperate bad rather than neutral? Logically, it doesn't seem like a factor that would influence who the person is.

Being desperate has nothing to do with how well I cook, how many times I'll cheat (if any), my personality...

Why is being desperate bad rather than neutral? Logically, it doesn't seem like a factor that would influence who the person is.

Why would a girl want to date a guy who is desperate and will settle for anyone?

SoulSearch_CO

Desperate indicates to me that you feel there is a piece of you missing and you're looking for somebody else to provide that piece. I don't want to be in relationship with a half-person (BTDT...XH). I want to be in relationship with a strong person. Somebody that can stand on his own two feet and give 100% to the relationship. Desperation is weak, confidence is strong. It's not masculine at all to be desperate. :confused: It's just natural in this life that you value that for which you had to work harder. Plus, somebody that's desperate puts too many demands on the other person to provide them with self-worth. It gets exhausting. Not to mention really annoying to keep hearing, "You're too good for me. You could find somebody better."

The word "desperate" denotes an anxious, emotionally unstable person who may be prone to wreckless, sometimes even destructive behavior. That is pretty bad, any way you look at it.