bowflex for xmas; i was planning on giving him a book!

oh my god. i just got a call that my roommate, a buddy, ordered a bowflex for me for xmas. i know he will use it too, but it is marked as a gift for me.

i will love it, it's perfect for me and my tastes, and i'm so thankful, but i can't help but feel sucky about what i got him: just a stupid signed series of terry pratchett books.

it was like a tenth of the price. jesus. i have troubles with xmas, i can't keep up. :(

Dont feel bad. Maybe your not doing too little, maybe he's doing too much. If what you gave him had thought and consideration, it shouldnt matter how much it costed (unless it was really cheap).

• Author

it was about 200, and i had to call in favours from writer friends to get them signed. i was totally proud of them until i knew what he getting me.

lol, thank you for the note of support, though!

Originally posted by penguinluv

it shouldnt matter how much it costed (unless it was really cheap).

:laugh: Ain't that the truth.

Anyway, I wouldn't feel bad about it, two hundred dollars is a lot to spend on a gift, and if this person is so inclined to spend so much more on you, it says that they're not the kind of person who'd want you outdoing their gift anyway.

(word added for clarity)

I agree, Jenny. I think what you got your friend is a lovely gift. By all means, stop thinking about what he or others are doing or spending and do what's in your heart (and in your budget). :)

it was like a tenth of the price. jesus. i have troubles with xmas, i can't keep up.

I know EXACTLY how you feel Jenny!!!!! Once I buy the kid's stuff for Christmas, my budget is pretty well shot!

My best male friend bought me living room set. It was being sold by one of the officers at the base. They had it in their formal living room. It's looks like new and is beautiful....but WAY fancier than my 'tacky tiki' decor! (I had to then purchase paint at Home Depot today to paint some shelves and one wall....so SOMETHING matched!)

I got HIM a poinsetta....LOL! Well, I had to buy a min of 6 from the Boy Scout troop my son is in. That's what ALL my friends are getting!!!

Your book gift collection sounds wonderful though...especially since you have it autographed.

Your gift sounds valuable AND personal, I think it'll go over extremely well, I can get a bowflex on eBay, but you've got the person something of more value than that.

Jenn y -

Don't worry about it. I bet that 15 years from now helll still have the books. The odds of the bowflex being around that long are pretty slim.

I think you made a great choice in gifts.

HAHAHA Jenny...once Easter comes and you are sporting those 'buns of steel' .....you won't give a damn anymore if he appreciated your gift or not. You will look like a GODDESS!!!!

Originally posted by jenny

oh my god. i just got a call that my roommate, a buddy, ordered a bowflex for me for xmas. i know he will use it too, but it is marked as a gift for me.

i will love it, it's perfect for me and my tastes, and i'm so thankful, but i can't help but feel sucky about what i got him: just a stupid signed series of terry pratchett books.

it was like a tenth of the price. jesus. i have troubles with xmas, i can't keep up. :(

Damn girl, you and he must be really good buddies, if he is gonna give you something like that for x-mas.

Anyway, don't sweat it. For being only buddies, I think he may be overdoing it --