How do I forget about her?

I asked a friend out and she said no because she's too busy. But she still wants to be my friend. That was about a month ago. But, I still can't stop thinking about her in a romantic way.

It's becoming very distracting and everytime I talk to her I just feel this urge to tell her how much I love her. I just don't feel that this is the right way to be friends with someone. It's better for me to forget about her than to hide my feelings.

How do I do that? We go to the same college. I blocked her on MSN already, should I delete her from Facebook?

Edited by Jerry18

Don't delete her, that's just passive agressive asking her to notice and respond, if you want to get over her, find someone else to be interesting in.

I agree with Rob. You are being passive aggressive. What is wrong with being her friend. Act cool not compulsive. Find another girl for intimacy and have a casual friendship with the other girl.

I'm going to have to disagree with the above posters. You really do have to stop talking to her, or at least cut WAY back on it. Its kind of a catch 22, you wont stop thinking about her until you find someone else, but you wont find someone else because you cant stop thinking about her. She probably will notice when you stop talking to her and as to why, just be honest, tell her as things are right now you cant be her friend. Either she really wants to be your friend and will understand and give you time, or she just likes the attention you give her and she will get annoyed. If its the former everything will be fine, if its the latter she really wasn't worth your time anyway.

Also just to be clear im not saying run the other way if you see her coming, just stop initiating contact with her. Be civil if you happen to see her, especially if you share friends.

Think about it this way, if you see her status change on Facebook and she starts posting pics of her and her new squeeze, how is that going to make you feel? I'm going to guess, somewhere between sh*tty and extremely sh*tty.

I agree with Dolos, you have to distance yourself from her before you can even hope to get over your feelings for her. This isn't the end of the friendship by no means. But until you can see her as "just a friend" you need to remove yourself from her life. It will do you no good to keep yourself in limbo. Plus, why do you want to be her friend in the first place? Be honest. Was it in the hopes that the two of you would start dating? Because that is no real friendship to begin with.

Do whatever you have to in order to get over her. It might seem unfair to her, losing her friend, but staying friends with her is going to be alot more painful for you. Don't start talking to her unless you are truely 100% over you. You can be friends again, but it is going to take a while. Don't rush it.