From a hookup to just a friend or more? !!!

crazibeautiful

crazibeautiful

Hi everyone! I'm new and hoping to get some advice! :)

I'm trying to figure out if this guy might like me or if he's just trying to be friends. I recently moved into a new place and he moved in next door (my old apt). Since the move in we've hooked up twice. Both times were in September and not since then. I ended up getting a really bad case of the flu and was basically quarantined in my house for until almost the end of Oct. I end up meeting him out at a local bar on Halloween night and we spent the night having a blast. When we got back I went and had a drink with him then went home. While I was sick I decided I really liked him and I didn't want to randomly hookup with him.

In the beginning of November he starts to call me asking me to hangout. I do a few times and each time he seemed very flirty (making jokes, touching me, lifting me up). But, I'm holding off until because I don't want to give off the slutty neighbor impression since I do like him. :love: He calls me to ask about silly things he already should have the answer to. He also for some reason seems to confide in me with things that are going on in his life both good and bad.

Normally I would think he's interested, but since we started off hooking up i don't want him to still think of me that way. Oh and we haven't had sex since mid Sept.

You've basically agreed to a FWB relationship, through your actions if not your words. Once a guy gets you in a FWB relationship, the chances of it going further are almost zero. Most guys prefer FWB to having a GF, because FWB means sex with no strings--the ultimate win-win situation. I suspect if you press him for more, he will just end the relationship.

• Author
crazibeautiful

but what if i haven't been pressing for anything. i don't hookup with him anymore or even get in touch with him. Besides seeing each other when we leave our houses there is no other interaction unless he initializes it. i've gotten to the point where i have made a decision that i won't hookup with anyone unless i've been dating them which is why i never tried to pursue anything with him. but in the last few weeks he seems to be persistently trying to do things with me. He even took me out to meet his sister and says we need to go to the movies. It just seems kinda weird. I expected nothing to happen after we hooked up and now i have him getting in touch with me all the time asking what im doing and offering to give me a ride to work or pick me up when im done.