why do guys drool over blonds but marry brunettes?

hi,

i was just wondering something.. why is it that guys oggle certain types of women and then marry or date the exact opposite woman in the looks department? my fiancee just informed me that he has always prefered brunettes with large breasts.. well, i'm a blond with small breasts.. am i missing something here?

insecure and wondering...

That wasn't exactly cool of your husband to tell you that, but I think that it's a matter of preference, there are plenty of guys I know who prefer blondes. However, in answer to your question about why do people oggle one kind and marry another, is simply because people don't usually enter into a marriage with people that are simply physically attractive, as it's a long-term commitment that (should) last until after your hair is no longer the color it used to be.

perhaps you should tell your husband you prefer men who don't make ridiculous hasty generalizations.

follow by suggesting the more illogical the fellow, the smaller his phallus must be. but laugh at yourself.

lol; fair enough. i retract a bit. :)

but if you're going with symmetrical revenge, go with phallus, not penis. a lack of logic does indicate a less powerful metaphorical presence in the rational world. :)

Just because a guy says something on a Saturday night.....possibly after drinking....doesn't mean that is EXACTLY what he was thinking. If he's with YOU....it's because YOU are what he chose to be with. All the other stuff......is just "STUFF" men say when not thinking. Forget about it and don't worry!!!

Perhaps he was referring to his past and women that he found himself typically attracted to? A pretty thoughtless comment, but if he's marrying you, I'm sure he thinks your A-#1. Probably just said it w/out thinking.

I've actually had two boyfriends make off-handed comments to me like that. One said he preferred brunettes, the other red-heads (I'm a blonde). I'm not currently dating either of them...lol.

Seriously though, I doubt guys who stay stuff like that really think that you might take it to heart, and I wouldn't worry about it.

why do guys drool over blonds but marry brunettes?

Ya know Sweet that is a really good question and I have to say I have heard that an awful lot in my dating experience too!

My gf came up with a solution when her bf started that hair color crap...

(Personally I think guys will always look at other woman no matter what their hair color is and no matter how much they love you because imo it is in our nature to look...we all check each other out alot!)

Anyway my gf is a "blonde", and she told me that he gets to see other parts of her that are naturally" brunette"

thereby satisfying his need for a different color...and you can bet he will be marrying that brunette too...Hee haa

Originally posted by Skittles

Ya know Sweet that is a really good question and I have to say I have heard that an awful lot in my dating experience too!

[/i]too...Hee haa

I think some men associate blondes with being stupid, shallow and easily seduced.

Originally posted by Arabess

I think some men associate blondes with being stupid, shallow and easily seduced.

And how foolish of them to think that because the color of hair can be changed in about 20 minutes, depending upon the product we use....What does hair color or any color have to do with our essence.

I have been every hair color, except for green, and I will admit I got alot more attention as a blonde...Now I don't know if I was acting differently, thereby reinforcing that response...I don't know Arabess.

I think in the final analysis, it's how we conduct ourselves and feel about ourselves that will get the message across to the visuals and prejudiced of the world..which I guess is all of us.

I would have promptly swung the ball back to his court by informing him, with a giggle, that I prefer the exact opposite of whatever he is.

It means nothing (other than your fiance is a tad insensitive), laugh it off.

i could be a hidden compliment if you look at it this way - he loves you even though u'r not his type! i'm always more impressed by strong feelings DESPITE certain things, than feelings BECAUSE of certain characteristics ...

but i agree with Java - getting right back at him is the ideal response.

-yes

And how foolish of them to think that because the color of hair can be changed in about 20 minutes

Absolutely Skittles.

One time, a few years ago, I tried to change my hair to a sandy brown...and the damn stuff turned OLIVE GREEN! I worked for British Airways at that time and the lights in the plane would make my hair kinda GLOW in the dark. I looked like a FREAK!!!!

and the damn stuff turned OLIVE GREEN!

LOL. The exact same thing happened to me except is was streaks. My friends thought I'd look real cute with black streaks in my hair. Ya....it looked really, really cute when I was a blonde with puky green streaks in my hair. Ugh.

Don't worry Arabess, just because you're blond doesn't mean I think any less of you. I leave the thinking less to other blondes just like you :D

jk

i love being blonde - i even kind of enjoy playing into the stereotype and then unfurling a zinger - it's like being a debate shark instead of a pool shark.

Maybe there IS something about the blonde thing in regards to perception because I NEVER had you pegged as a blonde Jenny! LOL!

At work, ofcourse 'Barbie' is across the front of my hardhat....since that's my name. I've heard EVERY Blonde Barbie Booby joke in the world!!!

It never has bothered me though....I've used ALL to my advantage when needed.

I've always been a brunette guy. ALways.

Which isn't to say that blondes don't entice me every now and then, but I generally go for the darker haired types.

I like all FIT women equally, regardless of hair colour, breast size etc.

Nice ass, sweet bod, cute face, and a good personality - thats what i like.

:)