My Best Friend.

So, I'm best friends with this girl. But over the last couple months, I have started having feelings for her. I really really like her. And she makes me really happy. The only problem is, is that she is engaged. But they are having lots of problems, and I believe she just gave the ring back to him.

But where the problem lies now...is that he is going to move back home to finish up an internship. And I am currently looking for an apartment to rent. Well last night she asked me if I would want to move in with her and us just split everything...

I didn't know what to say! I mean, that would be amazing. But at the same time..Im not so sure. What do you guys think? Any advice?

Boundary Problem

Disaster in the making.

Don't move in with someone who is emotionally unavailable (SORT OF ENGAGED to someone else!), particularly when you have 'feelings' for them.

Call me old fashioned, but I don't think casual living together between men and women friends is really right.

I'm editing to add this: I would make an exception in an "emergency".

• Author

I just really want to help out. I would do anything to help her out. I don't know though, you guys may be right. It could be a bad situation. :(

This has soap opera written all over it. She'll get mad, the two of you will get drunk, things will happen, then the drama flood gates will flow open.

Its worse that he wont be around much because she'll really lean on you for support until he visits, she she will bang his balls out. Don't worry though, you'll get to hear all of it.

Or, say they break up and she rebounds on you for a few months. Then she goes back to him leaving you gutted.

Take what everyone else is saying, this is not a good idea. Right now, all she wants is male attention. She wants to fill a void left by her ex-maybe-fiance. Guess who she has targeted? You having feelings for her is only going to make things worse.

• Author

You guys are making this sound awful, haha. But they aren't broken up. Nor do I think they plan on breaking up anytime soon. Our relationship is slightly over what I would call normal friends anyways...there is lots of "honey, babe, darling, my love" and "I love you's"...I don't know. I was just on my mind, and I thought maybe i'd get a second opinion from the people here at LS.

That's because it is awful to be in a lopsided love triangle. Try it out for yourself or use the advice given you and distance yourself a bit from this situation. You can either give yourself or save yourself a lot of heartache.

If you didn't have feelings, this would be a completely different situation. You could just be her roommate. But these feelings will complicate things.

• Author

I just don't know how to make them go away. I've tried not acknowledging them...but it just doesn't work. So, I don't know...