How do you tell your friend you love them?

prayingshecomesback

prayingshecomesback

I have known this girl for 22 years old. She is 22, I am 30. The age difference is rather big I know. I love this girl with all my heart. She used to have a crush on me in her teenage years but I thought she would outgrow it. Last weekend we went on a date and had the best time. I don't know if I am like a big brother to her or if she is attracted to me in another way. She sometimes flirts with me like grabbing my butt, slapping my butt, touching my stomach and telling me my dimple is cute. During our date I grabbed her hand and we started to walk holding hands and she didn't pull away. My question is... How should I take it to the next level? How do I test the waters next? I am madly in love.... Ahhhhh what a feeling.

Well, age difference is not necessarily a problem. I am 12 yrs older than my husband, but the problem is, SHE is very young, and really doesn't know herself yet.

One thing I wish someone would have told me when I was younger, is NEVER TRY TO FORCE OR PUSH anything to happen! What is the rush? Just "go with the flow", be a good friend, but I think it is too soon to show your hand. The fish is "nibbling". That is NOT the time to "yank" the line. She's not deeply hooked yet...get the metaphor.?

Be a bit mysterious and slightly unpredictable. Passion does not develop as strongly if you just "lay it all out there". Why do you think girls go nutty for bad boys? (I should know, I married one). They don't show their hand. They keep them guessing.

People have to yearn, they have to have the opportunity to miss you, to want you. Think of it this like this: You are looking forward to hunting deer (not that I like that, but whatever) in deer season. Your friend thinks he's doing you a favor, and drops a dead deer he shot on your doorstep. He's amazed you are not thrilled. But what you really wanted was the THRILL of the HUNT, not just the deer. Women like this chase too. Remember, the person who cares the least is the one with the power....

• Author
prayingshecomesback

Thanks for the well thought out advice. I needed that. I am just going to keep "going with the flow" and if it's meant to be... than that thing we call love will eventually find it's way.... It is hard to be patient because I want to move on if her feelings will always be friends. But I love this girl more than anything. Uggggggggg

I don't think you will have to wait terribly long to know her feelings. Do things together that don't pressure her, ie. don't drive to lover's lane, have fun and she will give you clues if she is into you. But like I said, don't show your hand too fast. It is scary at the beginning of a relationship if someone says they love you, it puts the other person on the spot, and then they back off.

Remember, tug the line, let it out, tug, let it out...let her miss you, think of you, wonder about you, dream of you, this is how passion is stoked..good luck. My husband didn't tell me he loved me till 8 months into the relationship, although he says he fell in love with me within our first few dates. You bet he knew how to drive me crazy thinking about him, and I still do and we've been together 3 years. Women like COOL guys who keep them guessing a bit...