??

altawlib

Two weeks ago, my co-worker asked me out for drinks "out of the blue" and I accepted her invitation. I thought that we had a great "working" relationship talking about a variety of topics such as past loves and dreams. I have never had any romantic feelings for her; I just felt that we were friends. She is a very pretty woman but I just could not see myself with her since she reminded me a lot of some one in my past who caused me a lot of grief and pain.

Even before she started drinking, she confessed her feelings for me even though I was not her "type" and visa-versa. I was quite literally blown away from her confession but felt very flattered that she developed an interest in me. I told her that I was not interested in her that fashion but we could be friends at the most.

Well, one thing led to another and we wound up sleeping together. The next couple of days at work felt kind of awkward because we did not speak about what happened and we work around children. During this time, I started to develop some feelings for her, so I asked her out but she turned me down. It was during the Thanksgiving vacation, so her turndown seemed quite plausible to me since she had to visit friends and family in another part of the area.

Now, I am very hesitant to ask her out based on the amount of time that we last see each other outside of work. We text each other here and there but none of the messages have any emotional tone to them. Has the window of opportunity passed me by because of the Holidays? Or should I ask her out again? I am very confused.