just curious

I am not asking for advice really. Just wanted to know if this was common.

There is a guy in my class that has a girlfriend (I just found out I work with her older sister too) and he flirts with me like crazy.

First of all after working closely with him on projects for weeks and him calling me and texting me all the time- He did not tell me he had a girlfriend until like two months later and this was when I asked him how he knew this one girl at my work and he said "oh. that's my gf's sister". I mean I wasn't looking to get into any thing with him at all, but I was surprised that he acted how he does and he has a girlfriend. plus, it's kinda awkward that I work with her knowing that he acts like that toward me.

These girls are gorgeous too and well...I am not lol so it doesn't even make sense at all. Sometimes it's obvious that he is super into her, but sometimes when I ask him about her he kinda stops talking about her.

Since we have been in this group together he has requested to work in subgroups with me, telling me I have amazing eyes, I catch him starring at me, he gives me hugs, always touches me...I wouldn't say inappropriately, but it's like childish play and constantly seeks out my opinions and always wants to study with me.

I mean I have been able to avoid a lot of things. When he gets too touchy I walk away and I can avoid subgroups and stuff....

Anyways, I was just wondering if other guys do this....I guess I am asking for guys opinions just because I am curious. I don't feel like I have fed into anything and I did not give off vibes for sure when I first met him because to be honest with you he looks kinda young for me and I just didn't have any feelings for him.