Multiplier, XD

vixen

OK, so here i am on the dating scene, this is odd let me tell ya. Mom was all like, don't be committed to one guy see a bunch of em. well, now i am. -_- i think i have a date with Jesse tomorrow, he wanted to go out with me this week, i told Hi'm only Thursday is available, he said he'd email me when he got out of work but he never did. -_- why are men so stupid. Then there's Alex, he goes to MIT, he's sweet, i've talked to Hi'm on line since like march, but he never got the hint that i was interested, well i was with someone else so the flirting was brushed aside, now that I'm single he's in shock that i was serious about my interests in Hi'm. But once he gets back from Maryland in January, he wants to go out on a date. So there's Hi'm as well. Then there's Patrick, a friend of mine who just sort of weaseled his way into the scene, he's a real sweety, a private in the army, he goes away to boot camp in July, I like Hi'm, even if he is a bit young. And last but not least is Wayne, the cause of all this, though he doesn't know it. He's still out in Cali and i havn't herd from Hi'm since the 3rd, his phone is not in service out there. -_-, i don't know what's in store for us, he should be back before x-mas so pretty soon, and i'm sure he'll call me as soon as he can, but i have no clue how that one is going to go. So there you have it, the start of a new dating experiment. I have no the hell idea weather or not i'm doing this right. But who knows i'll give updates, if you'll give comments. XD

Vixen :bunny:

I would have said the exact same thing, but I realized that didn't help her any. But then, I thought, is she asking for help?

Originally posted by BlockHead

He is either wealthy or in massive debt.

Or Intelligent?

er..perhaps the theme can be best summed up as:

vixen is evidently attractive and sought.

um; congrats; way to be fertile?

He is either wealthy or in massive debt.

Or intelligent?

I'd go with intelligent, but not good with women. As an MIT student myself, I can vouch for that, and also say that I'm somewhat offended by the first statement. What the hell does that have to do with anything? Besides, MIT gives pretty decent financial aid, so he's probably either wealthy or getting some sweet financial aid, and he's definitely got brains. I just thought I had to defend my schoolmate. Don't really know what the original post is about, either.

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

I'd find it naive to honestly think that rich people aren't given advantages in college admissions.

they're given as much advantage as minority students, maybe, but it's freaking MIT, not some crappy state school. They won't admit anyone just because they have money. It's not Harvard.

Besides, you were the one who suggested he was intelligent.

I can tell you're heated, so I'm not going to push it any further. Both Rich people and minorities are given advantages in college admissions, I don't know of any college that doesn't have development admissions, although most don't admit it. I didn't mean to imply they'd admit an unintelligent person simply because they have money (Nor do I think Harvard would either), but it's definitely a factor.

More than acheivement is equated into admissions policies, That shouldn't take away from anything you earned, but I still think it's naive to turn a blind eye to it.

I'm not turning a blind eye to anything, nor am I suggesting anything about rich people or minorities or college admissions. I just wanted to point out that you were correct, that he is intelligent - he has to have some level of intelligence, and I felt a familiar tug because the name MIT popped up. He has to have some level of intelligence to be here, so he's definitely book smart, but if it's a matter of choosing someone who is good with dating, then the MIT boy is probably not the right choice. Of course I don't know him, but that's the general concensus of girls here. Anyway, I was trying to make the point that it shouldn't matter how much money or debt he has, because of MIT's financial aid standards, and the comment that was first posted (not by you) came out of nowhere. I don't know what admissions have to do with what I was saying. As far as being heated, I always seem to come off that way, and I don't know why. My school essays are always to passive, and my forum posts are always to aggressive. If I could fix it, I would. I just want to know what your problem with college admissions is, and what that has to do with what kind of boyfriend he would be, because that's what I was talking about.

lol! i did not even notice that!

I'm still trying to figure out why she thinks the word "him" needs an apostrophe. <scratching head>

perhaps all the men mentioned are some sort of possible prophetic candidates? one doesn't want to invoke them, or their wrath, by accident?

I don't even know why we delved so deep into it, I think the point being made was that MIT's expensive. Anyway, I'm not going to judge these boys by the school they attend, and I'm not even sure if that's what she was asking for.

I think I sparked a powder keg.

I always believed that the Ivy League colleges were hyped.

It seems like you pay extra for the prestige.

• Author

I don't understand how no one understood my post. ?_? First of the thing with the "HI'm" is the spell check on this sites fault. At first i thought it was a typo, and said so, but when i did the spell check, and desided to re-read the post, all my Him's had those apostrophies in them. I was like HUH? and also any word that had an IM in them. Like the word time, I was like ok, i think the site neads a bug check, because the spell check messed up my whole post and i had to comb it for the "HI'm's" LOL

Now let me explain what i meant by my post. No, i am not looking for any advice, though i'd love some opinions on this. I've been posting at this board for the last year, figured i'd drop in and let everyone know what i'm up too.

Short summery of my dating history: I married a guy i was with for 5 years, 3 months later he dumped me. We are divorcing. I went back to my home town. Then i started dating a guy i dated just before the x hubby, a high school sweet heart. Fell in love again, but high school sweet heart became oober busy. So busy in fact i only saw him once every other month. And talked to him a total of 45 minutes a month as well. So i broke up with him. Now i have vowed never to fall in love again. (i feel it is folly) and have chosen to just "date" men. No serious strings attached. Yes this also means i've taken a personal vow of chastity. (my room mate laughed at me for i do so love sex)

Now as of today, the young men i am going on dates with, or have dated numbers at 5. with one today, one hopeful on Saturday, one on Monday, and the MIT lad some Time after he gets back from vacation. (I'm excited about that one) Being a Virgo i prefer intelligent men, and he's oh so smart. ~_^ (and personaly, the fact that he's got no clue about women makes him all the more sexy. MIT is loaded with hot clueless men i'd love to meet XD)

Does that make more sense, my post was to say, hey this is what i am trying in the dating world, I am trying for a system where numbers of guys are each given their chance.

For instance todays date, was all excited that i'd consider him, but he hasn't emailed me like he said he would, nor has he called me either. He has till i get done with my salon appointment today to get a hold of me, or he is off the list. It's that plain and Simple.

There are a few things that factor into my dating allotment. Each guy has made it apparent to me that he is attracted to me. This is step one. The next step is where do we stand intelligence wise, is he on my level. that is step two. Then i consider his looks, step 3. After that I pile in the fun factor, do i have fun with him, will I, have i? Stuff like that.

Now the date i have on Monday is a co-worker, he was pleasantly shocked when i asked him to coffee. He knocked down a display. XD And turned a nice shade of red. (just the kind of response i want) I don't know where his fun factor lies, but we have always worked well together, and he is good natured. (i've tipped him over while he was kneeling down working, I've thrown pillows at him. That sort of thing.) so perhaps we will have fun.

The young MIT man, has been an Internet chum for almost the whole year. He went to school with one of my longest standing internet friends. (Some 3 years now.) She introduced us, and is tickled pink we are going out on a date when he gets back. We talked on the phone for the first Time over the past weekend. He has such a sexy voice. *blush* And is better on the phone then on chat. He used to chat my ear off, till he found out i truly like him, now he's so quiet it's unnerving. :( You can not be ruff with smart men, play it delicately and honestly, and smolder them when your alone. (I know i dated a few WPI's. MIT's rival)

The only thing that is a draw back to my new method, is 1:don't get emotionally involved with anyone, and 2: why am i doing this?

I think the answer to 2, is because i am a highly affectionate woman, who needs attention, but doesn't want to fall in love because she's been burnt so many Times that i don't think my heart could take one more stab. And also i think this method might help me not only develop a mental barrier against men, but will give me a diverse look at what's out there, and maybe, just maybe, i have a better chance of finding a suitable mate. Who knows. I'm certainly not holding my breath on this one.

Vixen :bunny:

i'm actually still not clear on what sort of opinions you are looking for.

i think it's terrific you are dating around after being neglected in your last relationship. the men sound great and you sound happy. as long as all the men know about one another, it's ethical and (i would imagine) ego-gratifying fun to keep them all hanging on.

I think the answer to 2, is because i am a highly affectionate woman, who needs attention, but doesn't want to fall in love

Of course, you, being a highly affectionate woman, could end up being one of the 'I'm in love with three people - how do I pick?' posters! ;)

Now i have vowed never to fall in love again. (i feel it is folly) and have chosen to just "date" men. No serious strings attached. Yes this also means i've taken a personal vow of chastity. (my room mate laughed at me for i do so love sex)
Is the vow still in effect?

Being a Virgo i prefer intelligent men
I can see the logic in that. I think…

The next step is where do we stand intelligence wise, is he on my level.
How exactly do you evaluate intelligence? Multiple choice? The more jargon, the better.

If I were an intelligent guy, I would try to extract as much information from your friend as possible, and then do my homework.

After that I pile in the fun factor, do i have fun with him, will I, have i?
What do you think is fun? What do the guys think is fun?

The only thing that is a draw back to my new method, is 1:don't get emotionally involved with anyone, and 2: why am i doing this?
Excellent question!!!
Games People Play by Eric Berne p171

3. Games are sandwiched, as it were, between pastimes and intimacy. Pastimes grow boring with repetition, as do promotional cocktail parties. Intimacy requires stringent circumspection, and is discriminated against by Parent, Adult, and Child. Society frowns upon candidness, except in privacy; good sense knows that it can always be abused; and the Child fears it because of the unmasking which it involves. Hence in order to get away from the ennui of pastimes without exposing themselves to the dangers of intimacy, most people compromise for games when they are available, and these fill the major part of the more interesting hours of social intercourse. That is the social significance of games.

Why are the guys doing this?