BF, his ex and her kids

One of my bf's ex-gfs (they lived together, and they work together) has a couple kids.

He fairly recently brought this up - I didn't know about it until he told me. He said that one of the biggest reasons he broke up with her is that she is a terrible mother (the father has custody and she intentionally moved far away from them instead of staying close by, she owes tens of thousands of dollars in back child support, he went on and on about all the reasons).

He said that the entire time they were dating he only met her kids once (because she only saw them once, in over a year) - he said they were the cutest kids, so adorable, and he just totally fell in love with them.

They broke up like...2 years ago I think, and she hasn't seen her kids since then.

Now, this morning he tells me that her kids are visiting and that she asked him to hang out with them today. I told him I'm not comfortable with him going and playing mommy and daddy with his ex-gf and her kids that he met once over 2 years ago. We got in kind of an argument because he insisted that he was going to go anyways, that I was being jealous and unreasonable.

He went anyway. I just packed up all the stuff I had in his house and now I'm sitting here wondering if I'm overreacting. I think this is a dealbreaker for me.