not sure what to think

To make things short, I first met this girl around 6 months ago in a class. She asked for my number for studying and stuff, she called once, I didn't answer, and she never called again, but we would talk after class and stuff. Turns out, we ended up in another class together the next term, she saw and remembered me, came up to me, and got my number again. We've hung out together a decent amount after that, really only doing school stuff. We've gone to a couple of movies together after studying, and she seems like she enjoys my company.

So after our last day in the class, I asked her if she wanted to see a movie later that night. She told me to call her after I got off work that night, and I did, but a male friend of hers answered the phone and said she left it at his house and she was gonna get it after she was done babysitting and would call me back. She ended up texting me the next morning, saying she was sorry and she just got it back, which I found hard to believe, but accepted it. She said we would go next week.

So I ask her again the next week, she says she could do it. She told me to pick her up at around 9:40 that night, but I get a text at 8:40 saying she was really sorry and was really tired and was going to stay in for the night (she does babysit from about 2-8 every night). And again says we can go another time.

Those two 'rejections' were pretty harsh, so should I even bother asking again? When we hung out before, it seemed like she enjoyed being around me, even flirting back and forth a bit, but that was mainly for school stuff, even though we would goof around and do other things.

Stop letting your mind trick you into seeing her for what you want to see her. See her for who she really is, and that's not someone you want to associate with. I'll give you 100-1 odds that the male friend is actually more like her boyfriend, or at least a guy she's banging, and that she was looking at him while he was talking to you on the phone.

Either way, you are going no where with this one. Just ignore her from here on out. It seems as if she was using you as a study aid and that's it. Generally when women care about someone, they actually make the dates they agree to. She's young, stupid, immature, flaky, lies, etc. Do any of those qualities seem like something you'd look for in a girl you'd want to date?

Pull the physical layer away from her and see her true personality. It's not as beautiful as you might think it to be.

Stop trying to set something up with her. Next time she calls you to study go and do it, then make some kind of casual statement saying that she doesn't need to lie or have her boyfriend answer the phone for her if she didn't want to go out with you, she could just say no. You can phrase it however you want, just make sure to call her out on the cancellations, and do it suddenly so it catches her off guard. Watch her reaction, if you know anything at all about body language it will be clear whether she was full of **** or not, and if shes even worth your time anymore. Even if you decide you believe her and the guy wasn't a guy shes banging and she really was busy the two times she canceled, make her initiate any outings in the future, you've clearly shown you are interested.