These mixed signals are driving me insane.

radarlove413

It's kind-of a long story, but back in October, I reconnected with this guy I'd liked for years. We'd fallen out of contact, but after being in the orchestra for this musical together, have now become friends again.

He told me that he'd liked me back when we were younger, and I confessed the same thing. (I REALLY like him, he's the strongest crush I've ever had) But, it didn't go any further. We hang out about once or twice a week.

Except, last Friday, he kissed me when he dropped me off from a movie we went to see. What's more, he said later in a message that "I really like you." and he hoped we could see each other again sometime soon. I was pretty much walking on sunshine, and wound up going to hang out at his house last night.

But, when we hung out, it was like things were right back to before he kissed me. When he walked me to my car, I thought he might try and kiss me again, but he just said goodbye and went back into his house, leaving me to wonder why he's giving me such mixed signals. I've never even dated anybody, so I'm pretty clueless about what's going on. He does want to see me again, because I mentioned hanging out after Christmas and he said he'd like to.

It was kind-of obvious that he was working himself up to kissing me on Friday, so I'm wondering if he's just nervous, or if he's regretting kissing me, and not mentioning it out of shame or something. I just... don't know what's going on anymore, or how to correct this before I lose my chance with him forever.

How did you react when he kissed you? Maybe a subconscious body language move or something you said after the kiss gave him the impression he shouldn't try it again. What did you say to his message that he likes you?

Usually once the guy goes in for the kiss the only way he wont try it again is if something either said or unsaid triggers something in his mind.

• Author

He caught me by surprise, so all I could really do was lean forward. Like I said, I've had no romantic experience before, so I couldn't make myself do anything else. But, I told him I had an awesome night, and in the message I told him that I liked him as well. The thing is, I get so nervous that I'll wreck things that I can't even hint at flirting, because I'm afraid I'll ruin whatever we already have.

He caught me by surprise, so all I could really do was lean forward. Like I said, I've had no romantic experience before, so I couldn't make myself do anything else. But, I told him I had an awesome night, and in the message I told him that I liked him as well. The thing is, I get so nervous that I'll wreck things that I can't even hint at flirting, because I'm afraid I'll ruin whatever we already have.

Just be yourself...you cannot ruin anything. One thing I know for sure is that if a man really wants you, nothing and I mean nothing will stop him.

I know this might sound a bit strange, although I never chase a man because men by nature are hunters....men find what they want and when they find what they want, they will move heaven and earth to keep what they have found....let him "find" you. "A man who finds a wife finds a good thing"

• Author

Thanks a lot :) He's been messaging me a lot the past two days, two facebook messages on Friday and Saturday. That's basically spam for him, and he kept quoting the lines to this song until I asked him if he was quoting this song. The lyrics. It was really... random, and all he said was "yeah, you got it, I didn't think you'd figure it out this quick!" in response. He's going away until the 23rd, so I won't know why exactly he did that until then. (even though it's confusing me, haha)

But yeah, next time we see each other, I'm going to try being myself. I think he might be nervous, but if he's still talking to me like this, I haven't lost it. Maybe all I have to do is grab his hand. I figure that'd probably be easiest, right?

People who try to pinpoint emotional motivations and categorize them are called psychologists, the rest, need not to overwork themselves to figure out every little meaning down to what his little hand movements could suggest.

You're the latter.

You're probably on cloud 9 right now after both his and your confession for each other, and you're feeling very high from being in that position of where you could see yourself " falling in love". This is the part, where you have to try to remain self conscience and not let emotions take the driver's seat.

Can't you just enjoy whatever it is without the need to over obsess every little detail? It'll save you the headache.