This is it

Hello all, I'll try to keep this short and simple although this is a decision I'm taking very seriously. I could talk all night about this girl and what's been before, but I'll just take it from the present, anyway here it goes;

I've been madly in love with a friend of mine for months on end (nothing has ever happened between us though), it's been an emotional rollercoaster, I've thought she likes me, I've thought she hasn't, I've had mixed signals, I've had it all. I made a pact with myself NOT to even give her a thought, so over the past month or so I've just about managed to keep her out of my head, every time she came into my mind I've forced her back out, it hasn't been easy though. However, last night I saw her for the first time in a while and lots of feelings came flooding back and I couldn't stop them. It all came back to the forefront of my mind.

I was with my friends, who are also her friends, and she gave everyone a hug, she stopped at me and gave me about 3-4 hugs. Later in the night we were dancing and she came over and put her arm around my waist (and my waist alone) and danced/stood alongside me for a while. I wouldn't mention all this but I was speaking to somebody who said that the arm-around-waist thing may be a sign that she likes me. I don't know though.

So yeah, I saw her last night and it all came back, so I sit here with a decision to make (which will be final); do I allow myself to think about her again? Do I allow her back into my mind, knowing full well it could send me spiralling into depression if things go wrong (and knowing if we end up together, it'll make me the happiest man alive)?. Or, I can try to force her out of my mind once and for all and try to forget she ever existed.

She's like a drug to me, I know it's detrimental to my mental well being wanting to be with her but I can't stop unless I can completely shut her out of my mind. For the record, I don't act like desperate around her, I don't let anybody know I feel this way. So, this is it, I shut her out or I start again and make my move once and for all. I don't know what to do though.

Advice and thoughts are much appreciated.

Has she rejected you before? I get the impression she hasn't since you said nobody knows how you feel about her. There's no reason to not make a move if you're going to stop talking to her anyway. Even if she turns you down you will feel way better knowing rather than agonizing about it if you do nothing. If shes not interested then you can stop thinking about her and move on.

skydiveaddict

that's a tough spot you're in. i would normally say to blow her off completely, but the "arms around your waist" slow dance thing would have wondering as well. i guess i agree with the other guys. you'll never know unless you go for it