My friend told this girl I like that I like her..

bluedarkseid

Well, he told me he’d do it, to tell her of me and find if she liked me or not. He is actually pretty experienced when it comes to girls, and he decided to help me out get with this girl. I never asked him to do it, he insisted. I knew this girl for a long time and we’re really close. So he added her on Facebook and they started talking and he asked whether she liked me or not. She said that she’d answer when I told her that I liked her. I thought my friend was kidding about everything cuz he was a jokester in the past, so I didn’t say anything in fear that I may embarass myself, but she said that she had to go sleep and she logged out. My friend went berserk and showed me the conversation via facebook chat, and seeing this I sent her a message saying that I had feelings for her. Later I asked her what he response was to my friend’s question (if she likes me) but the first time she said she’d tell me later. The next time I asked she said she had to go.

What does her reaction symbolize? Is she shy or am I being too clingy and annoying? And should I try to ask her more or let her answer when she wants to? Thanks! It'd be nice to be her girlfriend today, in Christmas <3

Confusedalways

Hi Blue! Just curious, how old are you? I know when I was younger I often said things like that and it meant I liked the guy, but I got too shy when I really had to say it. Maybe she will tell your friend?

If you're older (20+) , I would say she is probably not interested.

Unless the girl's already madly in love with you and you've ignored her advances for a while (thus making her thoroughly interested), getting a friend to ask on your behalf is fatal. It essentially translates (in her mind) to you not being interested enough in her to ask her yourself. Similarly sending such messages by instant messaging is the same.

• Author

Like I said, I never asked for it. He just did it. He said he's "good with words" and just did it, even though I was more against it than for it.