So there is a girl....

That i've been friends with for quite a while. We've been in the same grade since elementary and graduated together. However, we never really became good friends until high school. She was in a off and on relationship with the same guy, from our Sophomore year which was around 2006 until this November. I never really had serious feelings for her until recently. When we go to parties that we are both at, she always dances with me, whether it be grinding or slow. I've noticed that since the last party we went to she has began texting me more often asking what I'm doing, wanting to know when we are going to party again, etc... I'm not sure if it had anything to do with me texting her best friend about her after a few drinks.

She and I are going to the same New Years Eve party and I am thinking about seeing if she wants to, "take it to the next level." Is that a smart thing to do at a party? I am having second thoughts so as we both have all of the same friends, and I know that it could cause problems. However, I think it would be worth it for a relationship with her.

So what should I do?

I'm assuming that "taking it to the next level" is sex? If so, that is in no way acceptable to do at a party. People are drinking, people are not them best selves, and if you care about this girl like you say you do, you would show her the respect of coming into it sober, at a better location.

Sure, pull her aside. Talk to her. Let her know you're interested in her and would like to see her some other time besides the party. What occurs from that point occurs, but you should never have to ask a girl to have sex.

• Author
I'm assuming that "taking it to the next level" is sex? If so, that is in no way acceptable to do at a party. People are drinking, people are not them best selves, and if you care about this girl like you say you do, you would show her the respect of coming into it sober, at a better location.

Sure, pull her aside. Talk to her. Let her know you're interested in her and would like to see her some other time besides the party. What occurs from that point occurs, but you should never have to ask a girl to have sex.

No, I mean going from a friendship to dating...

Okay, good. Sorry for jumping to conclusions, but as you know... that's generally the norm these days.

Like I said, just ask her to see you elsewhere other the party.. take her to dinner or a nice lunch, and go with the flow. It's probably best not to do when she's around friends, etc.

She and I are going to the same New Years Eve party and I am thinking about seeing if she wants to, "take it to the next level." Is that a smart thing to do at a party?

yes its a smart thing to do

• Author
Okay, good. Sorry for jumping to conclusions, but as you know... that's generally the norm these days.

Like I said, just ask her to see you elsewhere other the party.. take her to dinner or a nice lunch, and go with the flow. It's probably best not to do when she's around friends, etc.

haha yeah it's ok I should have been more clear on what I ment.

• Author

Well....there was a big change of venues for the party and it wasn't for the best. Everyone was cold and miserable since the party was outside when it was 40 degrees and 20 MPH winds. So I decided it might be best to wait....of course now I am having second thoughts if I really feel the same for her as I did. :o

yeah i agree to the above comments. just go ask her when you both are alone together, perhaps in a place with a stunning view. just dont over do it. look your best but dont get too down if you get shot down

Dude don't ask her to "take it to the next lvl" just ask her out on a date.. you're gonna sound like a wuss if you consider taking it to the next lvl to be dating