don't worry... be happy

notabadguy- my situation is still the same, but i have hope that deep down in his heart he still loves me and misses me, as i do him. i try not to think about the good times, good memories, i don't dwell on the past as much. i replace these thoughts wih my future, the possibilities are endless, i think of what i can do that i couldn't do before when i was w/ hubby. actually, i sound kind of selfish, but i have to, because i am responsible for my life and happiness.

i have an inner peace that i can't really explain, unless you beleive in God . do you? i beleive you are only as strong as your supporter, and my supporter is God. i know no matter what happens i will be okay and have peace. i hope this helps you feel better knowing the pain does subside, yes eventually with time, but for me in six weeks, because i asked God to have mercy on me and ease my suffering, otherwise i wouldn't be able to explain my inner happiness.

Carra, thanks for the positive reply. My situation changes more and more every day. She took the new guy to meet her parents yesterday and we won't even be divorced for awhile. She even called me today at work (numbers there are not screened). She acted really weird and talked about how all she wanted to do was get this over. I think she is gone. Since she has another person to numb or mask the pain for now, she is content and happy doing what she is doing, whether it be wrong or right. It hurts, but she will never know that. One day she may realize she lost a good thing, but I doubt I will be around to see it happen. This guy will hurt her in the end as will many others along the way if she keeps up her present actions. She said some pretty spiteful things to me and I still can't figure out why she called. It wasn't to be social, I can tell you that. I pray myself and ask God for wisdom, understanding, and comfort through this time also. Sometimes I wonder if her hears my prayers. I also pray to the extent of asking why someting like this would happen. I am not a bad guy. I wanted to give my wife the world and she has basically left me for dead on the highway of life. In time, I guess I will come to the state you are in. I gradute from graduate school in May. It has been a tough road, but what journey isn't. I try not to let it bother me, but sometimes it is very difficult. I don't understand how she can be so cold and callous towards me and give up so soon. This new guy must be something special. I don't know. But I can't convince myself of that either. I guess the bottom line is that when someone like my wife burns the candle at both ends, she is bound to get burnt in the end. And she wants this to be over so bad. I highly doubt recocilation in my case will ever happen. I wished and prayed that it would at one time, but reality has put things in perspective. Keep me informed and thanks for the advice. Good stuff. I'm glad to hear you are coping well. I strive for that state of mind myself.