? for the ladies...

justagoodoleboy

When you stop listening and start looking for the punch line in everything. When you seem to lose track of your sorting skills and no longer recognize when humor might be an inappropriate response to a particular discussion or situation. When it looks like your humor is aimed at getting attention more than it is about amusing the person you're sharing it with. When people start asking you to please be serious.

But in answer to your first question, definitely yes. Not jokes, but a humorous take on life around us will always get my attention.

SoulSearch_CO

It's always good to know your audience. :) I'm way into sarcastic humor, so that's what grabs my attention. Not MEAN...but sarcasm/dark humor. Very funny. :) But I also second PinkToes - if the humor seems unnatural or forced, it gets annoying.

ordinary_girl
When you stop listening and start looking for the punch line in everything. When you seem to lose track of your sorting skills and no longer recognize when humor might be an inappropriate response to a particular discussion or situation. When it looks like your humor is aimed at getting attention more than it is about amusing the person you're sharing it with. When people start asking you to please be serious.

But in answer to your first question, definitely yes. Not jokes, but a humorous take on life around us will always get my attention.

amen.

not being exhausting is the key

Yes, as long as you know her well enough to do it in good taste. For example some women find explicit sexual jokes funny, where others might wonder where all of the perversion is coming from? Know what I mean?

So, yes, humor is a great quality when it is done in good taste. :cool:

Wit grabs my attention like no other, in that it combines subtle humour with obvious intelligence. :love:

So, YES, this style of humour will grab my attention and hold it.

• Author
justagoodoleboy

thanks ladies.

I consider myself to have a good sense of humor and so would most people i know.

but i can sometimes use it when i get uncomfortable or in an awkward position...and wondered if girls can sense that.

like when the conversation loses its flow.

Ladies,

is humor really one of the best ways to grab your attention?

Yes, but there are different types of funny. I like the kind of guy that just generates warmth and funny, without being mean spirited.

thanks ladies.

I consider myself to have a good sense of humor and so would most people i know.

but i can sometimes use it when i get uncomfortable or in an awkward position...and wondered if girls can sense that.

like when the conversation loses its flow.

It sounds like you're mindful of the situation enough that people would cut you some slack when you use humor to keep a conversation going. I mean just recognizing that means you're not sitting around waiting for a chance to make a joke, you're just trying to contribute something. Which means you're listening. :)

But you can also bring someone else into the conversation by saying something like, "have you ever noticed....." whatever it is that's funny to you, which can help take the pressure off both you and the situation. Make 'em laugh, make 'em think, watch what happens next. win/win/win.