- dating and vacations - suggestions needed S.A.P.

jimbo

Met this girl online, think we hit it off. We've exchanged numbers. Actually, she gave me her number before I asked. When she signed the e-mail, she put her name then her number. Guess she's happy go lucky or something. So I replied with my number in the same format. Only did it once, she did it three subsequent times. Back to the point. She went away with some friends over the break. Should come back tomorrow or this weekend. In her last e-mail she said we'll set something up when she comes back. Agreed and wished her a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. This was like two weeks ago. Think she's still going to remember to contact me when she comes back? I do not want to be over zealous and contact her again. It would make me look desperate and just waiting around. On the contrary, I've dated over the last two weeks, just nothing came out of it. So how do I play this without looking like a tool? She's also six years older than me (this is a +). Me early 30's she mid 30's. My hope is cause she's more mature, we can skip all the games.

Any advice from seasoned vets from both genders?

For starters, women in their mid-30s do still play games (some don't, some do). Regardless, if it's been that long since you've been in contact, and you left it as, we'll set something up - I'd probably give her a few days, and if she hasn't called, just call her - what's the worst that can happen? I don't think it's over zealous, you're clearly not smothering her. Besides, she may have simply forgotten, or thought she left it as you were going to call her.

If she never calls, you never go out, if you call - worst case is she doesn't answer...seems like a no brainer. Obviously, though, if you call and she doesn't answer or call back - that's when you stop contact.

• Author

I was the one who suggested we she meet. Though, it was a couple of days before she was supposed to leave. Well, never actually talked over the phone, only via e-mail. Try to meet first and proceed from there. Though, why would she give me her number if she was not interested? Then again, two weeks plus with no contact, should could probably had for got about me already. I do know she was still active on her profile, as she updated it just a few days ago.

Not sure.

Edited by jimbo

Yeah, not a great scenario, but one you're forced to deal with. You could just try lobbing an e-mail in instead of the call. I'm of the mentality, though, that the contact is a no lose scenario for you, just make sure that you're scoping out other options along the way (which is sounds like you are). If you contact her, though, don't keep doing it...that's wrong, but something on your end is no harm, no foul in my book.

• Author

Yea, it feels like I am between a rock and a hard place here. I guess I have to play the guy who acts like he doesn't care an assume she'll contact me. After all, that is where we left it. I think e-mailing her would look like I am running after her. Calling her, maybe be a bad idea, as we've not communicated for a couple of weeks now. Could give her a bad taste in her mouth or something.

Yea, there are two other woman I am in contact with. Though, this one I was the most interested in. I guess I have to let the chips fall where they may and see what fate brings through.

I texted her happy new years, but never heard back. Oh well. Guess she lost interest over the last couple of weeks.

Edited by jimbo