Friends w/Benefits or More?

I am going to tell you the whole story, so you may be able to help (I hope so)… it’s pretty long as you can see.

I am 16-y-o junior in HS. I have a friend, let’s call her Jane, who is the same age, in the same grade, at the same school as I. I have known her for a couple months. Rewind a few weeks; I am at her house after school and we’re watching a movie. We start joking around, wrestling a bit. That’s when I get my first impression that she may like me. I don’t think much about it, as the next few weeks go by uneventful.

Now, just last Monday, we were at the mall with some friends. We told them we were going to go to another store for a bit, that we would see them later. We decide to drive back to my house (I had my dad’s car) because we are bored of being at the mall. On the way, she gets to asking what I think our friends will think, when we tell them where we went… will they think we went back to my house to “have a little fun?”

This is the first time she is at my house, no one is home. She seems to make herself comfortable, exploring my house, getting to know it better. We’re in the living room just talking, with some music on in the background, when we start wrestling again. Full contact style. Now I think I am pretty blind to flirty gestures, but I am pretty sure it is her way of flirting with me. This goes on for about fifteen minutes, the living room is not as tidy as it used to be, and we end up on a chair, her laying on my lap. Our faces get close, and we start making out. An hour goes by, we have messed up the living room a little more. I suggest we go to my room, where it will be more comfortable, and we go there.

We keep making out, upper body wear (my shirt, her top) long gone, we’re just making out however. In between kisses we talk a tiny bit (maybe a sentence per minute) and I remember hearing her say “Oh yay, now it looks like we’re friends with benefits.” The day ends after hours of some fun, and I drop her off back home (not without some more fun in the car, I might add).

Two days later, Wednesday, we meet up again, just her and I once again at my empty house (parents are at work during our winter break). We get to messing around pretty fast, as soon as we get to my place. Now there isn’t much else I can say that would really be helpful, as the day ended pretty much the same as the last time.

We talk a lot on the phone, and she has mentioned before that she talks to me (on the phone) more than she talks to anyone else. What I would like to know is, what she really means by “friends with benefits?” Does she just want to be friends, with a secret background? Do you think she would object to moving into a more serious relationship? I really am confused about it all, and I just can’t stop thinking about it.

Anyone have any thoughts?

-jay

• Author

Also:

A few other things that made me think she likes me:

* We always have good conversation

* The physical contact (like the way she touches me alot when we're around each other)

* Her female friends will do stuff when we are around, like she and them will move off to the side "girl talk" for a minute, or how one of her friends randomly said "She thinks you're hot"

Confusing points:

* I had helped her try to ask this guy out to formal (I already knew him), I guess that sort of moves the attention away from me and to another guy?

* The mention of "now we're friends with benefits"