Caffeine

Anyone else quit caffeine? I just started three days ago for no reason in particular. After three days by body hurts like hell, headaches, restless sleep, and more. I never knew caffeine was so bad for you.

I never even drank much caffeine. Cup of coffee or two in the mornings and a soda here and there. That was it.

I've gone off it recently with no such effects. I drank less than you though. I just had a one-a-day Starbucks habit, mostly to alleviate boredom while at the office.

I suggest some kind of natural fruit juice. Your brain needs energy in the morning. I feel way better drinking some good apple juice, not highly processed, than I ever did drinking coffee or tea.

• Author

I didn't think I drank all that much.

I have heard that it is easier to start you day without caffeine. And you sleep better too. That is why I stuck with this after the first day.

• Author

It's now been more than a week without caffeine and I feel great. I sleep better, wake up easier, and generally have more energy. I don't know if all of that is due to caffeine or not, but the fact that I now feel that way is enough for me. Goodbye caffeine, you will not be missed. :)

deux ex machina
It's now been more than a week without caffeine and I feel great. I sleep better, wake up easier, and generally have more energy. I don't know if all of that is due to caffeine or not, but the fact that I now feel that way is enough for me. Goodbye caffeine, you will not be missed. :)

Wonderful!

I owe you one:

:)
  • Author
Wonderful!

I owe you one:

:)

That guy's voice is very soothing. :) Thanks, that was AWESOME!

It's funny, every time I tell someone I quit caffeine I get the same response: WHY? No one questions if you quit tobacco or alcohol or even certain foods, but caffeine is incomprehensible to people.:lmao:

deux ex machina
That guy's voice is very soothing. :) Thanks, that was AWESOME!

haha

I love his voice, too. He has a way about him...gifted at getting things across, I think.

It's funny, every time I tell someone I quit caffeine I get the same response: WHY? No one questions if you quit tobacco or alcohol or even certain foods, but caffeine is incomprehensible to people.:lmao:

Haha - it's just unfathomable, eh? I have a friend who drinks it so strong it's like rocket fuel. I'm glad you never had it that bad, I can only imagine.

Congratulations - it's great when you can feel a definite, positive difference.