So !?

Ok so.. I'm from Newcastle and the day before Xmas in 2002 my mum and her partner bought a house down south about 80 miles away and took me with them and in the January i started school there and finished my last year but on my first day there i met this guy and it was literally love at first sight and we were instantly best friends, it was like we were joined at the hip and he was like a male version of me and vice versa and although we went out with other people i was jealous when i saw him with anyone else and i could tell he was the same with me. I loved him so much and i think he knew how i felt and one day we were talking and it turned out he felt the same but he said he didn't want to ruin the friendship if it didn't work but yet he continued to flirt with me all the time and touch me nd stuff and after a couple of years things between my mum and her partner didn't work out and we ended up having to leave and go back to Newcastle on such short notice and if anything my feelings for him have got a lot stronger. Even though its been like 6 years or something i still think about him everyday and i see his pics on facebook and stuff and it hurts me knowing hes so far away and that i cant have him and even though ive been in a relationship for almost 4 years (with a guy who also has the same name coincidentally) my feelings for this guy are ruining it, im miserable in my relationship because all i want it him, we barely even speak and his got loads more friends now and has moved on with his life although he is still single but i cant move on with mine. Its like i don't exist to him anymore but i don't think there's anything i can do. Any suggestions?

Sorry for making this so long, thanks for listening (or reading)

Edited by shygirl22

Sorry for making this so long, thanks for listening (or reading)

Its called No Contact.. you need to move on.. stop looking him up and put him out of your mind.. no reminders of him.. you wont get over him if you keep ending up with him on your mind.

You are being unfair to yourself and your current boyfriend. It's either move on or take the risk and see if you can have something with this guy.

But in order to take the risk you have to break up with your current boyfriend. Which in my opinion would be doing him a favor as you will give him a chance to meet someone else who has that same passion that you have for the other guy.

In the end someone is going to get hurt. But when making the decision you're going to have to figure out what will make you happy. And the answer is not as simple as you think. Seriously think about it.

People change over the years. So this other guy may or may not have the same feelings.

I don't want to break up your current relationship, but if you continue to live in regret you are only hurting yourself and your current boyfriend.