I am addicted to sex

Is my addiction to sex a sickness or its really normal? though i dont get bothered by it but when people say different things about effects of sex addiction it makes me think i've got a fever or something. I've been without a steady for 4 months now and coz of my love for sex, i have casual sex every week, no strings attached. so what do you guys have to say?

Doesn't sound like an addiction to me, sounds like you've decided you enjoy sex so you go out of your way to make sure you do something pleasurable. What's wrong with that?

I would very much like to know how you pull it off as a woman. Most women feel a level of attachment and that makes them less likely to pull this off like men can, since men are much better at putting love and sex in two mutually exclusive boxes.

Nikki Sahagin

It could just be a high sex drive; in which case, if you are safe and this is having no effect on you mentally/emotionally, there is no harm in continuing in this way.

An addiction is determined by whether it effects your day to day life.

Can you survive without sex?

Is it about the sex or is fulfilling another need? (attention/self-esteem/ego etc)

Does your interest in sex cause you any emotional/mental pain?

Do you want to stop or do you feel pressure to from others?