New Year New Life No Husband No Wife

After 20 years we decided yesterday to get a divorce. Our finances are so bad that neither of us can keep anything without the other so we are just going to sell it all and walk away. I'm so glad. Now I don't have to stress about trying to make ends meet and what are they going to do without my income when I die. I don't have to go back to the oncologist -- I don't have to do anything that I don't want to do because I no longer have anyone who requires anything of me. Its wonderful.

I've lurked around this board for a while and heard a lot of sides to different things and it helped me put my own life in perspective and buckle down and make my decision. We toasted the New Years with champagne and a kiss and Thursday morning we agreed to divorce. It will be hard parting with the things that made our marriage-memories like the photographs and homemovies and keepsakes, but I'll get through that.

It seems like you made a good decision that you can live with, too. Good job if that is how you really feel about it.