strange behavior

Whitefox123

Okay so I have this guy friend whom I've known for many years. Many of which we were just acquaintances. Over the last year we have gotten to know each other quite well. Feelings have developed on both ends and were openly admitted last summer, however he told me he wasn't looking for anything at that time. (Which I was totally fine with). For the majority of the time that we've been talking over this last year...I was fighting to get over an ex and I kept running back to him, then my friend would always make comments here and there like "What the hell are you doing?" (along with everyone else...but that's another story!!!). Well before I got back together with my ex this last time (and after we admitted we liked each other) we were starting to spend a lot of time together...but as soon as I made the dumb mistake of running back to my ex things went downhill...and I could tell he was more upset than usual. The second he found out I was single though we started talking again! Things were going great until we hung out. We had a fun afternoon together with some mutual friends, then he stopped talking to me for a few weeks. Things started back up again not too long ago...we'd stay up chatting til the wee hours of the morning and I thought we were getting close again. We hung out again recently and I haven't heard from him since! It's is driving me insane! I still like him a lot and have realized that I am completely 100000% over my ex, but I just don't know what he feels.I have made it clear that I am done and in a much better place these days. He used to text me until I fell asleep or send me random texts jsut to see how my day was going (especially if he knew I had a big day ahead of me) until we hung out! I just don't get it... he was like this before, but now it's worse. I can't tell if I'm being used or if he likes me still and is just scared, or he just sees me as a friend. I'm trying to not let it bother me, especially if nothing is going to come out of it, but I can't seem to figure out if I just messed things up, or it's some game he is playing. Any insight on this would be helpful! Thanks!