What's wrong?

I've been dating my girlfriend for awhile now and just a couple of days ago I told her that I loved her and all she did was look back into my eyes and said "Thank you". What's wrong with that. Can someone tell me why she would do something that stupid?

billy the kid

yes, I can been there, done that, got the t-shirt.... at this point she just wants to be friends.. sorry

I've been dating my girlfriend for awhile now and just a couple of days ago I told her that I loved her and all she did was look back into my eyes and said "Thank you". What's wrong with that. Can someone tell me why she would do something that stupid?
Wiser Woman

Not necessarily, Billy the Kid! She may feel more than friendship for Saiyan but is perhaps shy or afraid to reciprocate by saying she loves him out loud. He didn't say how long they had been dating and that could be a factor. I think I would have to know how long they have been together before I could say anything about why she would just say thank you to him.

We all know how lovely it is to say I love you to someone and have them say it right back but sometimes it's said back just out of habit or by rote or just as a reflex. Maybe she's mulling over the fact that this guy loves her and just wasn't ready to say it back yet. Maybe she was taken aback by it... who knows? If it is really buggin' him, he could *GASP* just ask her if she feels the same way about him and see what happens.

I'm sorry you were in this awkward situation. But as you could probably tell, she does not feel that she is in love with you, at least not yet. I don't think her response should have been "thank you" though. I probably would have said, "I really like you too," which isn't exactly the same but wouldn't leave you with as much of that horrible feeling.

those three words are not ones that should be thrown around. i'm not saying that you are but maybe she just isnt ready to say them. the way i look at it some one should only say it if they really mean it, they are extremely powerful words, this doesn't mean she doesn't have strong feelings for you. maybe she just hasn't taken the time to evaluate her feelings yet. just be patient with her. if you decide you can talk to her about it. but i am sure she will say something alongs the lines that she will only say it when she really means it. but don't take that in a bad way cause that means there is only more room for her to fall in love with you.

I'm sorry you were in this awkward situation. But as you could probably tell, she does not feel that she is in love with you, at least not yet. I don't think her response should have been "thank you" though. I probably would have said, "I really like you too," which isn't exactly the same but wouldn't leave you with as much of that horrible feeling.