slept with housemate

I feel physically sick this morning, I slept with my flatmate who is a friend, and having kissed before we decided that nothing more would happen, even though he was open to it, as it would make other people uncomfortable. I have only slept with one person before (a long term boyfriend) and was curious about this guy and following our attraction to something more, but I guess I feel like I am giving him too much since were already friends and livign together, giving him sex, but not being his girlfriend (we like each other, but he doesnt want a relationship. I don't either, but somehow I still feel devalued and like I have done something awful to myself..he says not to stress...and of course it doesnt have to happen again. But I want to wait for someone I care about next.. just feel so horrible for going through with it and wondered if anyone heres had a similar situation.

• 2 weeks later...

If you feel bad about it, and you don't think it should continue, then you should listen to yourself. A future mate that you have feelings for will feel better knowing that you were thinking of them before you knew them. If you think it's wrong, and not something you want to continue with, then you need to be the one to set the limits and communicate your wishes. Mistakes happen, you recognize that, but there isn't any sense in continuing to make yourself feel "awful" for the situation, and no sense in continuing what may be a bigger regret later in life. Know that you're a special person, who deserves to be loved emotionally within a realtionship before progressing into sex. It's something you indicate you want, and something your future spouse/mate will appreciate.

I would say, try not to be too harsh with yourself.

When you live in the same apt as someone of the opposite sex and you become friends, there will be times when your close proximity to each other and your libidos can throw you into a situation you didn't anticipate.

Since he said not to stress over it, I would try to do exactly that. Don't stress over it, try to dispell any unease or discomfort with humor, and just live and learn. At least it wasn't a one night stand with a stranger who now you like and he isn't calling you back - now that would be an icky feeling.